GDT: Game 50: Blue Jackets @ Coyotes | 1/25/18 19:00 UTC-7 | FS Arizona

Worst poet of all time

• Total voters

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Those of you who there: was it really as empty as the CBJ gametread implys? After two wins? Looked scary.

Wouldn't sweat it. Columbus on a Thursday is never going to be a big draw at GRA unless we're ever "good" again while they're there. In fact, Dallas next Thursday might not be a much bigger draw either....however, in mid-February we get the Flyers on a Saturday (and a Domi bobblehead) followed by Chicago on a Monday - at least one of those will sell out. Then Montreal on a Thursday, and McOilers (and a Howler bobblehead) on the next Saturday.

Reactions: Name Nameless

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Those of you who there: was it really as empty as the CBJ gametread implys? After two wins? Looked scary.

This team is going to have to have two winning MONTHS, not two game wins, before people start feeling like it's worth going to games again. Hell, during the WCF run in 2012, it took 3/4ths of the season for fans to finally feel safe enough in the idea that the team was not only winning, but possibly playoff bound, before the barn started selling out reliably.

Sustained success is the only thing that's going to fill the seats, no matter what the arena address is.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Really? I thought he played with a ****load of poise and confidence. Looked like a vet out there. Great on the point during the PP. I was super impressed. But hell, what do I know... :dunno:

I've liked his play on both sides of the scratch :)

Reactions: zz

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I think we have turned a corner. The team is looking a lot more dynamic, a lot more compact, actually to the point of being boring. Which is a good thing as it shows some collective discipline which you can build something from.

Now we are hitting the next tier of issues:

- How to remove the predictability of the play? Well, I guess, you need that your key individuals find a way of expressing themselves creatively. We have some talented guys but they are young. They need to develop, so that they can take over properly the action in the offensive zone. Of course we need a fully fledge Strome or/and more talent. It will take time, and probably some tough/crucial decisions.

- How to get more consistent with plays period per period. Again I think it has to do with youth. A lot of these players start periods very well, but then they slowly fade mentally and physically. The older guys then need to compensate and here come their mistakes and the tons of late period goals we keep witnessing.

- How to get Domi back? I think he is an essential player for the future of this team but he is playing 'inside out'. Ideally I would love for him to go on a short "conditional stint" #winkwink in Tuscon and get him to score something because he would.

Finally we need to find a way of keeping number 4 and number 23 for a while. I love the interesting discussions and intrigued generated by trade rumours but realistically, we need to keep these two alongside Mr Raanta.

Anyway all of this to say I am feeling a lot more positive about it all. Almost recharged to be fully disappointed and crushed again!

Reactions: Mosby and SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ehh, I think Perlini looks the same after the scratch as he did before. He's always been streaky. I think for Domi, first move is to move him back to wing. Give him less responsibility right now.

As for the game itself, we're finally playing all three periods. Remember the start of the year, we'd get 20 minutes.

Forget about points, I think Perlini has improved his 200ft. game drastically. He is using his speed and body in every aspect of the game and in every zone, not floating, always moving his feet. Vastly improved, let's see if it continues as it is hard for kids to find that consistency. As far as Domi goes, I would give him a game or two in the press box and let him take a deep breath and then bring him back as a winger.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We need a goalie like Bob. Holy hell did he play a game against us. My hat's off to him.

29 other teams would agree with you on that one. OK, there's a couple who would insist they have a goalie like that, until they calm down and admit they need a goalie like Bobrovsky.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

I didn't notice it being less crowded than normal; that said I attend more weekday games than weekend games. The Washington Post reported 12,281 in attendance for Thursday's game. HockeyDB reports 13, 104 is the average this year. ESPN says it's 13,021.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Prior to puck drop it appeared as though attendance was going to be dismal, but it filled in to about normal. However, reports of $18 lower bowl seats are concerning.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Prior to puck drop it appeared as though attendance was going to be dismal, but it filled in to about normal. However, reports of $18 lower bowl seats are concerning.
$18 resale does indicate low demand, but if it puts butts in the seats that means more concession sales.

How many sold at full price would be an interesting statistic to track.

- Through the first 18 home games attendance was up 5 percent.
- group ticket sales ranked in the NHL’s top six
- TV ratings up 13%
- streaming via Fox Sports Go up 33%
- merchandise sales up 8% (road team gear selling well)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...coyotes-attendance-2017-18-season/1022629001/

All that with the worst record in the league.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
$18 resale does indicate low demand, but if it puts butts in the seats that means more concession sales.

Regarding concession sales Thursday: we sit in 116, with the closest food choice being brisket (sandwiches). The line at this station was ridiculously long, between P1 and P2. When we got to the counter they were sold out of meat. I have never experienced this and generally don't even eat that soon in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->