GDT: Game 50: Blue Jackets @ Coyotes | 1/25/18 19:00 UTC-7 | FS Arizona

Worst poet of all time

• Total voters

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
I’m at home and I just said to everyone here that Kconn is going to hit the defenseman with the puck and it’s going to go the other way and it happened!! He is so predictably bad. Needs to be shot into the sun!

Last edited:
Reactions: rt and Sthlmyote

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I chose Trish to finally dethrone Paula for the worst poet, but I'm not convinced that B doesn't also apply ;)

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Maybe damaging Bob's mask will allow them to score on him.

EDIT: Also remember they shut us out last time too. So 5+ periods of shutout hockey against Columbus.

Plus is correct; add two from the previous season. The coyotes have scored two goals on Bob in three games.

PS - He is a good goaltender...deserved of an award perhaps?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fun game. Team looks way better. Perlini had about as good a game as any Coyote since the lockout. Domi has got to go see a sport psychologist. I think a healthy scratch is overdue. Worked for Perlini.

Ehh, I think Perlini looks the same after the scratch as he did before. He's always been streaky. I think for Domi, first move is to move him back to wing. Give him less responsibility right now.

As for the game itself, we're finally playing all three periods. Remember the start of the year, we'd get 20 minutes.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Worth noting that with Perlini getting to 100 NHL games, the 2014 Draft netted us two 100+ game players (Dvorak, Perlini). The last time we did that was 2008 (Boedker, Stone, Tikhonov). We need good players on ELCs, so that trend has to continue.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Ehh, I think Perlini looks the same after the scratch as he did before. He's always been streaky.

Really? I thought he played with a shitload of poise and confidence. Looked like a vet out there. Great on the point during the PP. I was super impressed. But hell, what do I know... :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yandover

zz

Nov 1, 2006
The team is looking good.

Not just because he's on a 4 game goal streak, but Perlini has made huge strides this year.

Perlini / Keller / Raanta / Fisher have been very good stories in a really bad year. They all look like keepers.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Solid game to watch from the stands. Felt like the Coyotes deserved a better fate in that game. Definitely a shame that some injuries happened and the team gave up that goal so late. But the overall play was solid. Bob is a loose cannon out there!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Really? I thought he played with a ****load of poise and confidence. Looked like a vet out there. Great on the point during the PP. I was super impressed. But hell, what do I know... :dunno:

Beard covering up his baby face adds to the vet authenticity.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and zz

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I want to go on the record again as being full-on against tanking this year. I want to win as many games as possible from now until game 82 and I want to keep the players that help us win. I am not at all interested in stockpiling more draft picks. The core group of our kids (apart from Strome) is now with the big team. I don't want to get blown out every night so we can have a 4% better chance at Dahlin. I don't want to trade off all of our vets so we can pick a few extra times in the high 20s, high 50s, and high 80s. This is a 32 games extension of next year's training camp. Keep turnover to a minimum.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I want to go on the record again as being full-on against tanking this year. I want to win as many games as possible from now until game 82 and I want to keep the players that help us win. I am not at all interested in stockpiling more draft picks. The core group of our kids (apart from Strome) is now with the big team. I don't want to get blown out every night so we can have a 4% better chance at Dahlin. I don't want to trade off all of our vets so we can pick a few extra times in the high 20s, high 50s, and high 80s. This is a 32 games extension of next year's training camp. Keep turnover to a minimum.
I agree, winning games and playing well is way more important then late picks or a small chance to draft #1 overall.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

So with you on this. Team actually looks way better now. Learning to lose makes your team into losers. Look at what Edmonton and Buffalo has gotten for their tanking: teams who just are programmed to lose. Awful.

Those of you who there: was it really as empty as the CBJ gametread implys? After two wins? Looked scary.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
So with you on this. Team actually looks way better now. Learning to lose makes your team into losers. Look at what Edmonton and Buffalo has gotten for their tanking: teams who just are programmed to lose. Awful.

Those of you who there: was it really as empty as the CBJ gametread implys? After two wins? Looked scary.

I've been there with WWAAAY less people in the past. It wasn't a great big crowd but it was ok. CBJ almost never is a good draw here, so I wasn't surprised. However, probably the lowest attended game I've personally been to this season.

Yea, team has had two wins... but that was after what, 7 losses in a row? I don't recall exactly but yea. Took me over an hour to drive to the game from east valley, blah. Even with HOV lane "help". I miss the commute when I was going in from the north haha.

So short answer to your question... smaller crowd than usual this season. However, not as small as the dreaded 5k crowds of the past... not near it.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
The kid whose tires I have pumped the most has been Chychrun, but I wasn't at all impressed with his game last night. While the rest of the team looked mostly coherent, he made a number of mistakes, culminating with losing Atkinson with three minutes remaining. Maybe it's just a single bad game for him. I know our GDT is about the Coyotesn players, but of all the guys on the ice last night, Nick Foligno was great everywhere. I was surprised to learn that he's 30 years old; his forecheck and backcheck looked like that of a player in his early 20's hoping to hold a roster spot.

Regarding the crowd, I go to 13 games per year, and that's certainly the worst crowd I've seen this season, if not all time. And I deliberately stay away from games with teams that have strong fanbases, since I can't stomach listening to them anymore.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad