GDT: Game 5 VGK @ Penguins 4pm (Hyka recalled)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
One thing they're doing that's driving me nuts this year is they're simply giving the puck away rather than hanging on to it an extra few seconds looking for a better lane.

They're just making cross ice passes - sometimes blind passes - in the hopes they'll find someone open. That's not going to work the majority of the time!

Contrast that to how the 4th line has been playing, or even the Eakin goal the other night. Very simple plays, rarely turning the puck over. Simple but effective

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So lackadaisical in the last 2 minutes.

If things don't turn around quickly, we could be seeing a very bad season for the Knights. I am talking bottom 10. Maybe even bottom 5.

As of now, they are playing exactly how people thought they would play last season.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Aren't we like thirty seconds away from being 0-5? Yikes they definitely are digging themselves a hole

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Only positive: better to suck now than later.
I don't know, I feel get a few wins under your belt, so when the wheels fall off you have recent memory of success. I think the very start of the season is worse, it's been a long time since you last had success and you get more frustrated when you don't get the rewards you probably deserve. And I feel we deserve more than the two goals a game we have been able to score.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
1 -4 -0 with a ROW of 0

Oh I know, but that one win was when we scored against the Wild really late, right? We have come close to 0 for 5 what I was trying to say.

I agree with the postgame guys that Marchessault has been the player who has not dropped off a bit from his play last season and probably the only guy on the team who hasn't. Maybe Nosek also.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Oh I know, but that one win was when we scored against the Wild really late, right? We have come close to 0 for 5 what I was trying to say.

I agree with the postgame guys that Marchessault has been the player who has not dropped off a bit from his play last season and probably the only guy on the team who hasn't. Maybe Nosek also.
Ah I got ya :)

Our 4th line needs a little more oomph, A few times last year we would play a bad game, they would play a really strong shift and it would ignite the team.... Hasn't happened so far this season, but not being able to finish of chances hasn't helped in the slightest.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
To be fair, none of the lines have really finished.

They're having issues making passes, and it seems like they're doing a little panicking while they're trying to find guys. Once that starts happening, you just want to complete passes, not complete passes to the right guys in the right spots. They don't seem confident with the puck.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know, I feel get a few wins under your belt, so when the wheels fall off you have recent memory of success. I think the very start of the season is worse, it's been a long time since you last had success and you get more frustrated when you don't get the rewards you probably deserve. And I feel we deserve more than the two goals a game we have been able to score.
Take Saturday and it is a 2-3 road trip. Then we have 5 games at home to get things together. Make sure to win against Buffalo, Vancouver, Ottawa and at least one of the Ducks / Lightning games. 6-5-0 and things look totally different.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Take Saturday and it is a 2-3 road trip. Then we have 5 games at home to get things together. Make sure to win against Buffalo, Vancouver, Ottawa and at least one of the Ducks / Lightning games. 6-5-0 and things look totally different.
Oh it's not doom and gloom for sure, I just think psychologically speaking, it would be better to go through the slump we are after a few wins. But life doesn't make you go through adversity when it would be more convenient for you lol.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Left for work after the 1st period, tied 1-1. Got to work at the end of the 2nd, down 4-1. :thumbd:

Between the Knights & the Giants, my sports night really sucked. At least the Rangers won. :eyeroll::dunno:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Left for work after the 1st period, tied 1-1. Got to work at the end of the 2nd, down 4-1. :thumbd:

Between the Knights & the Giants, my sports night really sucked. At least the Rangers won. :eyeroll::dunno:
So it's your fault :sarcasm:

I think most my teams are doing badly, Pelicans, (back up) Flames. Though the Saints aren't doing too badly.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Something I feel very positive about; in the post-game interview McNabb took a lot of the responsibility for the Kessel's goals. When someone has the balls to take one for the team like that... this I really appreciate!

Reactions: MordredGK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad