GDT: Game 5: Vegas Golden Knights @ Arizona Coyotes | 6 PM | It's like the last two games, but different.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Shutout Fleury. Good shit. Def need to work on some things. Puck management was not good tonight. Defense was pretty good for the most part.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We had the puck most of the time, controlled almost all the game, gave them pretty much no real good opportunities all game and got rewarded at the very end.

Amazing how much better the defense can look with six defensemen.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout Shutout shutout shutout shutout

You wonderful reckless bastard

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Capture.png

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I feel weird saying this but... idk if I want Glass on the third line, the line with Kolesar has been better, BUT I believe it's not due to Keegan, but Roy(who has been 3rd's best player pretty much every game) playing at C.

Now, I'm thinking Glass should play C though, so either put him with the Captain's, or put Roy there(which would interest me), and have a Stepho-Glass-Tuch 3rd line.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel weird saying this but... idk if I want Glass on the third line, the line with Kolesar has been better, BUT I believe it's not due to Keegan, but Roy(who has been 3rd's best player pretty much every game) playing at C.

Now, I'm thinking Glass should play C though, so either put him with the Captain's, or put Roy there(which would interest me), and have a Stepho-Glass-Tuch 3rd line.

Just do something with the kid already. This season is greatly shortened. He needs to be playing.

Also, on the note of our cap handcuff, I mean. Man. We absolutely could not have afforded to keep Gusev and chased Pietrangelo.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Just do something with the kid already. This season is greatly shortened. He needs to be playing.

Also, on the note of our cap handcuff, I mean. Man. We absolutely could not have afforded to keep Gusev and chased Pietrangelo.
Don't retain on Tatar, don't re-sign Stepho, & Holden + trade Kolesar and we would have, with a 12F6D2G roster no less!
Tatar's 500k retention gets off the books next season, that's a lot of cap for this management. :laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Hey Guys
Question for you. I always liked the the upside of Nic Hague, and i have a trade for him in my Pool(I keept the player for life) just wondering if he will play all the game this year or he could turn into the 7 def on the roster? How he play? Thanks in advance

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hey Guys
Question for you. I always liked the the upside of Nic Hague, and i have a trade for him in my Pool(I keept the player for life) just wondering if he will play all the game this year or he could turn into the 7 def on the roster? How he play? Thanks in advance

It's not a matter of him being 7th D, I think he's secured the 6 spot for now. They're only carrying 5 defensemen every other game so he gets sent off the roster to the taxi squad.

I don't anticipate he'll play 40 games unless there's an injury or trade.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

I'm pretty furious tbh

I'd like to see him play as well, to know if we have a real NHLer or not, I think Kolesar has been OK but not really convinced he brings much to the table. However, to be honest, I'm not sold on Glass at this point either, he looks like he's kind of slow (maybe injuries played a role) and doesn't think the game fast enough. At his age and high draft pick, I'd like to see him get experience and/or see if he has a big future, as I really don't think we're in danger of missing the playoffs.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd like to see him play as well, to know if we have a real NHLer or not, I think Kolesar has been OK but not really convinced he brings much to the table. However, to be honest, I'm not sold on Glass at this point either, he looks like he's kind of slow (maybe injuries played a role) and doesn't think the game fast enough. At his age and high draft pick, I'd like to see him get experience and/or see if he has a big future, as I really don't think we're in danger of missing the playoffs.
Us being virtual playoff locks isn't really relevant considering how many games Glass missed last year. I mean we need him to ease back into form before the focus can even be on him building on the areas of his game that need to be fostered and developed to met his potential. If he's not playing we can't even get him back to game form and he's the one who needs it the most. He's played the least hockey of anyone on that roster in the past year.

Last time he played hockey before this season was February 17th of last year and he missed 52 out of a possible 91 games. He has the least hockey played of anyone on the roster. That should be the priority. Not trying to avoid sunken cost on Kolesar.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

"top prospects who missed more than half the season to injuries need to play at an elite level to play in Vegas' bottom 6" Kolesar is elite by implication.

He's been covering hockey for four years...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

"top prospects who missed more than half the season to injuries need to play at an elite level to play in Vegas' bottom 6" Kolesar is elite by implication.

Offering opinions and shutting out anyone who challenges them could hardly be categorized as a process to learn the game.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I'm pretty furious tbh

He had a decent game even when a lot of our players didn't, showing he was catching some stride, and a nice goal in his last game.

GM's: Okay, have a seat.

But don't worry, when he's a 23 year old busted prospect he will be sure to get all the game time over a younger, developing Krebs at that point.

(I still have hope for him but I don't know if I have faith in our development ability or our priorities.)

Reactions: HanSolo

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

To be fair, Kolesar is elite but I see your point.

Trading Holden & trying Glass in the top line would fix everything.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Offering opinions and shutting out anyone who challenges them could hardly be categorized as a process to learn the game.
Yeah that's what gets me the most. He's so sure he's right every damn time.

What kills me is that there are some fans that learn the game through him.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah that's what gets me the most. He's so sure he's right every damn time.

What kills me is that there are some fans that learn the game through him.

Well wouldn't you feel damn sure if you created a website and did what he did? Of course he's not right all the time or even most of the time. He's got valid points at times and not so valid points at others. I do like that he posts a lot of stuff and seems to create some debate. What else do the fans have to work with, this team has lousy coverage for the most part and the posts on this site hardly elevate the analysis either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->