Game 5 - Vegas at Jets - May 20, 2018 - 2:00 PM Central - Whiteout Luck Kicks In...

Who wins Game 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Knights are steamrolling their way to a Stanley Cup. ainec.

I believe if the Knights get past the Jets-- they win the Cup. They are getting out of this world Goaltending, and play like a well oiled machine. Very little mistakes as well.

The Jet's are "not" done yet, but the odds have to be with Vegas now, but it's happened many times that teams blow a lead like this. I'm sticking with the Jet's--"all the way"

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I believe if the Knights get past the Jets-- they win the Cup. They are getting out of this world Goaltending, and play like a well oiled machine. Very little mistakes as well.

The Jet's are "not" done yet, but the odds have to be with Vegas now, but it's happened many times that teams blow a lead like this. I'm sticking with the Jet's--"all the way"
No, it hasn't happened many times.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Jets in a blow out.......................extremely optimistic think game 1 with no let down, think 3rd period tonight without the Knights scoring................................well at least I hope so not ready for the season to be over.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Voting Jets. Going with the heart over the Brain. Hellebuyck can play better and Jets can get some more luck around the net.
How do you eat an elephant ? One bite at a time.
How do we beat Vegas. One shift at a time. Why give up now nothing to lose everything if we win.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No, it hasn't happened many times.

Well you are right blowing a 3-1 lead in a series is not that common--that's why I said the odds are with Vegas--and "no doubt" they are.

It does happen though -- and I think the Jet's have a fighting chance. Our young guys may be a little exhausted --both physically and emotionally though-- so I don't know if they can climb this mountain.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Jet's win Game 5 -- but 6 and 7 ??? -- I'm hoping they do like everyone else-- but wouldn't want to bet any money on it.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
I still think the Jets have a good chance in this series. Jets needs one of two things to happen - if they stop giving up soft goals or if Fleury falls off his form even just a bit they will win. Even if neither of those happen, they still have an outside chance because the games have been super close regardless. Fleury is no god lets not forget. There is a reason Pitts let him go. What we see now is the advantage that goalies have while playing under zero pressure, not some generational talent. Make him feel that pressure and I think he can be dismantled. Without him Vegas would be toast. If Jets win game 5 I think they will win the series. Just, for the love of god, don't give up an early goal again.

Reactions: GNP

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Well you are right blowing a 3-1 lead in a series is not that common--that's why I said the odds are with Vegas--and "no doubt" they are.

It does happen though -- and I think the Jet's have a fighting chance. Our young guys may be a little exhausted --both physically and emotionally though-- so I don't know if they can climb this mountain.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Jet's win Game 5 -- but 6 and 7 ??? -- I'm hoping they do like everyone else-- but wouldn't want to bet any money on it.

"not that common" ... At the Conference Final level it has happened once in the history of the NHL. In 2000 NJ beat Phil after being down 3-1. NJ won game #1, lost games 2-3-4, then won games 5-6-7.

I do think we can win game #5... but beyond that?

Reactions: GNP

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Right now I can’t even imagine how we beat them once, let alon 3 times. I’m just all out of positivity at the moment. :( Sorry guys.

Also, trimming my beard. Time to change some luck maybe.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Just have to win the next game. Keep the pedal down as we have for the last 5 periods. The pucks will go in or they won't, but Fleury is not playing at a sustainable level. It will correct...hopefully soon!

Adversity builds characters and molds champions*, let's see what they've got!!

Go Jets Go!

*I made that up.

Reactions: Jets 31

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
****ing afternoon game on Sunday.

**** off NBC.

Why? I don't mind an afternoon game. If you are concerned the Jets will not show up then that is their problem. If they cannot show up to a must win game because it is at 2pm then they don't deserve to advance. Vegas has to show up to play at time as well.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'm not giving up hope.

I know the Jets can beat Vegas. Just gotta take it one game at a time.

We need a big game from Hellebuyck.

Reactions: Shaibu

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Why? I don't mind an afternoon game. If you are concerned the Jets will not show up then that is their problem. If they cannot show up to a must win game because it is at 2pm then they don't deserve to advance. Vegas has to show up to play at time as well.
I don't like afternoon games, they're stupid.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think Jets win tomorrow but im not sure if they can beat vegas and the refs in Vegas. This entire year in Vegas the refs have favored them big time almost like bookies get to them.. The mafia even, its actually ridiculous how much favortism vegas gets in Vegas. If Jets win tomorrow and likely Tuesday.. They will win game 7.. Ill say this.. If IF big IF it goes 7... Jets win .

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I’m already at peace on whatever the outcome is. We are further then what I originally predicted. The Chevy process looks like it’s paying off. I also see us being competitive for a long time, and this is not a one season fluke ala Oiler/Sens.

Its been one hell of a ride. I want to see this continue, and I think tomorrow can be the turnaround in the series. GoJetsGo!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Jets can’t play 3 good periods. How are they going to win 3 games?

Unfortunately for this this team, beating Nashville was their Stanley Cup.

They have no answer to the fast starts Vegas has had and the quick response after they’ve tied games. Vegas smells blood. Afternoon game is the final nail in the coffin. Jets are grounded.

VGK 5
Jets 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad