Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 - The Moment of Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Ive been on the anti Garth team for a long time now (its no secret to anyone who reads my posts)

I still love this team and will admit if I am a wrong. I want to see this team win a damn stanley cup! I want Capuano and Bailey to call me on my house phone and curse me out for all those years of making fun of them. Ill gladly apologize and kneel

with that said, tomorrow is game 5 and this team is down 3-1. This is the moment of truth of Garth's rebuild. Can they come back from this series? Do they have what it takes?

I REFUSE to allow any of you or these ridiculous bloggers or Humpty Dumpty and his 5 listeners on AM radio tell me that this season is a success cause we finally won a round which we should of won on 2013.

Someone said next year the ECF is our goal.. Sorry I wont allow your mediocrity to cloud my judgement of victory. Our goal is Stanley Cup or BUST..EVERY YEAR!!!

If this team comes back and beats Tampa in 7 then advance I will they say Jack deserves to come back and so does Garth because the rebuild is for real. If we have a lead and blow it again then everyone must go including the guy that drafted them.

This is the Moment of Truth!! I wont allow any petty blogger who wants free tickets or some 3rd rate Newsday "journalist" tell me otherwise.

There is no sugar coating this series loss tomorrow... We come back and win this series or hit a quick reset and change full leadership.

Garth Snows Credibility is on the line for the next week!

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The series is over, the season is over.

The team will not win 3 games in a row, they are not built to do that. They can't even close out a game at home. They've crapped their pants two 3rd periods and two OT's in a row. Went O-2 on a home stand after getting wrecked in Tampa.

Find me a professional sports franchise that has dropped a homestand and comes back to win a 7 game series after being down 3-1. If you can, just understand one thing: the Isles are not them.

Pulock is still green. He should've played every minute Strait did this season and some more. Big missed opportunity there. Strome has been relegated to RW, where he doesn't perform, that's two bluechip prospects, a RHD with a 100+ MPH snapshot and what was billed as a top-6 center put into situations not conducive to their development. What more do we need to see to draw the conclusion that the Coach/GM are weak links.

I know call ups are on management, which Snow can be held responsible for, but since the horrible return on Vanek, he's done well drafting and trading. It's really the keeping Capuano employed that is the skid mark on his resume. I really like what he did cutting losses on Reinhart, having the foresight to keep Berube in the system and getting Prince, who I'd like to see stay around next year.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
The series is over, the season is over.

The team will not win 3 games in a row, they are not built to do that. They can't even close out a game at home. They've crapped their pants two 3rd periods and two OT's in a row. Went O-2 on a home stand after getting wrecked in Tampa.

Find me a professional sports franchise that has dropped a homestand and comes back to win a 7 game series after being down 3-1. If you can, just understand one thing: the Isles are not them.

Pulock is still green. He should've played every minute Strait did this season and some more. Big missed opportunity there. Strome has been relegated to RW, where he doesn't perform, that's two bluechip prospects, a RHD with a 100+ MPH snapshot and what was billed as a top-6 center put into situations not conducive to their development. What more do we need to see to draw the conclusion that the Coach/GM are weak links.

I know call ups are on management, which Snow can be held responsible for, but since the horrible return on Vanek, he's done well drafting and trading. It's really the keeping Capuano employed that is the skid mark on his resume. I really like what he did cutting losses on Reinhart, having the foresight to keep Berube in the system and getting Prince, who I'd like to see stay around next year.

I am not disagreeing with you here.. I dont want this to be a regurgitated Snow/Capuano thread.

this is about Garth Snow and his rebuild and I want to believe in this team but I cant come to this board anymore nor entertain any more Pro Garth/ Jack fans on twitter and this place.

We lose we need to clean house! The Wang era ends and everyone follows with him.

What I want to see is this team having passion and proving we are a real team in the east and not some lucky saps that beat a Panthers squad of newbies cause weve been here before and they havent... I wanna see Kyle Okposo playing like he deserves 8 million a year!!!

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Ive been on the anti Garth team for a long time now (its no secret to anyone who reads my posts)

I still love this team and will admit if I am a wrong. I want to see this team win a damn stanley cup! I want Capuano and Bailey to call me on my house phone and curse me out for all those years of making fun of them. Ill gladly apologize and kneel

with that said, tomorrow is game 5 and this team is down 3-1. This is the moment of truth of Garth's rebuild. Can they come back from this series? Do they have what it takes?

I REFUSE to allow any of you or these ridiculous bloggers or Humpty Dumpty and his 5 listeners on AM radio tell me that this season is a success cause we finally won a round which we should of won on 2013.

Someone said next year the ECF is our goal.. Sorry I wont allow your mediocrity to cloud my judgement of victory. Our goal is Stanley Cup or BUST..EVERY YEAR!!!

If this team comes back and beats Tampa in 7 then advance I will they say Jack deserves to come back and so does Garth because the rebuild is for real. If we have a lead and blow it again then everyone must go including the guy that drafted them.

This is the Moment of Truth!! I wont allow any petty blogger who wants free tickets or some 3rd rate Newsday "journalist" tell me otherwise.

There is no sugar coating this series loss tomorrow... We come back and win this series or hit a quick reset and change full leadership.

Garth Snows Credibility is on the line for the next week!

Hate to break it to you, Capuano and Snow ain't going anywhere. They're in the 2nd round with 2 lines and a backup goaltender, and lost 2 overtime games 2-1 that they should've won. We're stuck with them. Need the new owners and snow to ID the needs and address them. cut my legs off and call me shorty if cappy gets canned.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Eh, this series is done. Would be nice to get one more game at Barclays for revenue, but that's about it. Isles played a good gritty first round, and a pretty gritty second round but unfortunately we all know there are too many passengers and there wasn't enough heart to make up against a better TBL squad than Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad