GDT: GAME #5 - Shark E. Cheese's - Canucks vs. Sharks - 7:00 p.m, SNET-VAN (not pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
"Chuck Shark E. Cheese's...opened in San Jose, California in 1977..."

8j8eDHD.jpg
zgEKk8Q.jpg

1LA3ZrE.jpg
UCvXU51.jpg

RSpEsFr.jpg
PsQpFqp.jpg

qxxd4mp.jpg
DqCwGdb.gif
3EbGPqw.gif
jJf1P6n.gif

22HhRAc.gif
NWCyc0j.gif
xHAVzc7.gif
ztHcs4m.gif

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Mike Johnson is ripping Botchford for publicizing the quote on That's Hockey.

Botchford's defense is Joe told Farhan Lalji to "shut up", dropped a few swears and asked if any of the media had played the game. Then, with about 20 cameras on him, made his joke. Botchford says he had to run it or would get read the riot act by his boss if someone else had.

So that's his side of the story.

The Sharks brass because called Botchford pathetic and he did this for page hits.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Botchford's defense is Joe told Farhan Lalji to "shut up", dropped a few swears and asked if any of the media had played the game. Then, with about 20 cameras on him, made his joke. Botchford says he had to run it or would get read the riot act by his boss if someone else had.

The Sharks brass because called Botchford pathetic and he did this for page hits.

What was the joke? i missed this story so would like to now more about the context maybe the old thread has more info

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
As I said in the pre-game thread, if Luongo stands on his hand and the team clicks on special teams, they can beat the Sharks tonight. I think Kesler also needs to come up big in a game like this. I have a feeling he will.

Not going to predict the score. Just hope we win!

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

Yes, I saw that too. I thought it was just another example of the national networks being pressured into towing the NHL's line. Either that, or they were letting their favoritism towards Thornton, or bias against anything Canucks-related, show. Botch was just doing his job here. It's not like it was a hidden mic or Botch being told it was OTR. Jumbo Joe derped... Not that it was very newsworthy other than causing people to call his judgment into question.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Anyways whatever. We better beat the Sharks tonight, I want us to win 5-2. Get some Garry bombs and I want Kesler to play well and stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->