GDT: Game 5: Sabres vs Coyotes - 10/13 9pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I don't like this lineup.

I dont mind it at all actually

Keep the top line the same. Keep the 4th line the same.
Mitts gets some skill with him, And a Blues line that will be hard to play against, and force Thompson to play a simpler game.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I assume it’s still going to be Huttonchops
Since Sabres have back to back next Saturday/Sunday i think Ullmark will play against Anaheim on Sunday,all other games on this trip will have Hutton. I however would give Ullmark at least 2 starts.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I don't care how they do it, we absolutely HAVE to win this game. This is by far the most winnable game of the 5, we lose this one and there is a very real chance we go 0-5 and the season is already over. All I am asking for this trip is 2-3. If one of the losses is a Gary Bettman Loser Point that would be icing on the cake. Trip not being a disaster=wonderful.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I dont mind it at all actually

Keep the top line the same. Keep the 4th line the same.
Mitts gets some skill with him, And a Blues line that will be hard to play against, and force Thompson to play a simpler game.
Hopefully more ice time for a Mitts as well after games of 14,10,11,13 minutes to start the season.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
We can do better on the game day threads. We’re not pulling our weight for the team.

Earn likes with proper English use. Creativity and rarely used words earn more likes.

The more likes, the more goals.

The more goals, the more wins.

Do your part!
I'm sorry. I feel like a lot of it is on me.

This off-season there were a lot of arguments, tensions were high, and as a result I think I lost my love of posting multiple times. Everyone can do better, but I think it starts with me.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I'm sorry. I feel like a lot of it is on me.

This off-season there were a lot of arguments, tensions were high, and as a result I think I lost my love of posting multiple times. Everyone can do better, but I think it starts with me.
Hi ROR! When did you start using this avatar?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don't care how they do it, we absolutely HAVE to win this game. This is by far the most winnable game of the 5, we lose this one and there is a very real chance we go 0-5 and the season is already over. All I am asking for this trip is 2-3. If one of the losses is a Gary Bettman Loser Point that would be icing on the cake. Trip not being a disaster=wonderful.
It's week 2 and we're already having "must win" games? If losing this one means theres a good chance of going 0-5 doesn't winning this one mean there's a good chance of going 1-4, which wouldnt be much better? I dont put a lot of stock into momentum.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
8-2 Sabres. Reinhart tips in 3 Ristolainen shots from the point to put the Sabres up 3-1. Dylan Strome is credited with a controversial Arizona goal after Ristolainen inexplicably kicks the puck into his own net. After an 85 minute delay while the officials in Toronto try to decide whether Ristolainen made a kicking motion (he clearly did) and whether that means the goal should be disallowed, the game resumed. The Coyotes pull their goalie with 6 minutes left and Eichel bags a couple empty netters before Ristolainen tips a pass from Beaulieu into his own net to make the score 5-2. Eichel then pumps 3 more into the empty net to close out the scoring.

Okay lets at least be a little realistic here. You didn't mention Risto breaking a single stick. You need a dose of reality.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Huh? We aren't in "no reason we should not win this one" territory yet. In any event, I'm sure many 'Yotes fans think this is a very winnable game for their team, too.

Arizona is terrible. They went 3 games until their first goal. We are clearly far better then the Arizona Coyotes.

This season will be fun. Positivity after every win and overboard negativity after every loss.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It's week 2 and we're already having "must win" games? If losing this one means theres a good chance of going 0-5 doesn't winning this one mean there's a good chance of going 1-4, which wouldnt be much better? I dont put a lot of stock into momentum.
I think you're underestimating the effect confidence can have on a young team.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Here's how the full lineup appeared at practice on Friday. Like switching up Bergy/Mitts, I'm guessing Larsson & Elie will be the extras.

43 Conor Sheary - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 10 Patrik Berglund / 22 Johan Larsson - 72 Tage Thompson
53 Jeff Skinner - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
81 Remi Elie / 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 29 Jason Pominville

6 Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 26 Rasmus Dahlin
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton
35 Linus Ullmark

St Louis fans warned us about two things:
  1. Don't play Berglund or Sobotka in the top 6
  2. Don't play Berglund and Sobotka together on the same line
Now we get to find out why :popcorn:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
St Louis fans warned us about two things:
  1. Don't play Berglund or Sobotka in the top 6
  2. Don't play Berglund and Sobotka together on the same line
Now we get to find out why :popcorn:
Don't mind me, I'll just be over here in the corner curled into a ball crying my eyes out and listening to Dashboard and Sunny Day Real Estate.

Reactions: Fezzy126

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
We can do better on the game day threads. We’re not pulling our weight for the team.

Earn likes with proper English use. Creativity and rarely used words earn more likes.

The more likes, the more goals.

The more goals, the more wins.

Do your part!

To be brutally honest, I enjoy this thread much more when Ralonzo is getting wasted during games while on line......

Which is most of the time..... :D :thumbu: :laugh:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Really hoping the Sabres open the floodgates tonight! We need a big win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad