GDT: Game 5: Preds vs Islanders | 7:00 PM CST

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
For a change the team generated QUALITY shots, not just pucks on goal from the perimeter. They were solid defensively for most of the night. They won the special teams battle. Still a lot of room for improvement, but they won and covered the high points.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Good game by the boys. 2nd period lapses but really good 3rd period.
2-3 is a whole lot better then 1-4 big win.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Not a great game from either team on the ice but the Preds certainly improved and are making strides to becoming the team everyone wants/believes they can be.

Good home win after all is said and done :yo:

Also as others commented, Craig Smith really does seem to be bouncing back and has done some good things to generate offense for us.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Jones was really good in this game. I am impressed with his performance to this point for a 19 year old straight from junior. Think about that.
Solid effort from the team tonight. Not great, but solid. Needed a bounce back game after that splat vs the Leafs. Our sample size is still pretty small, but there are encouraging signs in there. Now they need to string together some consistency and the forward lines need a chance to gel. Good to see Bourque (and Stahlberg in a limited role) back in there.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Look, we know - he's young. He's only 19. It's only one game. But come on - he took that shot like he'd been doing it forever, and he's not overwhelmed by playing in the "big leagues", like so many other phenoms have over the years.

He's got his entire career in front of him - but this was an important moment. Great for him.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
Took a chick to the game and sat center ice. Mid way through the second period she goes, "we're not as good at passing the puck as they are" :laugh: I think I found a keeper. Needless to say, Jones was absolutely stellar. Ellis' shot was sweet as well. Didn't seem like Stalberg made much of an impact, I assume he was just knocking the rust off. Our defenders should not be contributing to the majority of our offense. Horny played well obviously, I thought Hendricks also played his role tonight as a gritty rough-houser. Great game, great crowd. Pekka was Pekka.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Took a chick to the game and sat center ice. Mid way through the second period she goes, "we're not as good at passing the puck as they are" :laugh: I think I found a keeper. Needless to say, Jones was absolutely stellar. Ellis' shot was sweet as well. Didn't seem like Stalberg made much of an impact, I assume he was just knocking the rust off. Our defenders should not be contributing to the majority of our offense. Horny played well obviously, I thought Hendricks also played his role tonight as a gritty rough-houser. Great game, great crowd. Pekka was Pekka.

I actually do think we need our defense to contribute a lot of our offense to be successful. Our game plan has always been defense first even when it comes to our offense. I think if Weber, Jones and Ellis all had great seasons offensively then we'd be a force, not to mention Josi.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Good to see BFC and Diva tonight after the game and glad to come away with two points!

Predators started well, let the foot off the gas in the second, and got bailed out by a determined Hornqvist shot to end the 2nd, and a blast from Ellis walking in in the 3rd to give them enough to hold on as the Isles made a late push.

Team is still coming together, but you see the effort. They stand up for each other and work their tails off. The timing and chemistry will continue to come together.

The PH Factor

Mar 18, 2013
Washington, DC
Called the Jones-Hornqvist goal tandem...just got the game wrong!! (predicted it for the Maple Leaf debacle).

Now I'm calling a Smith (he's certainly due with a strong performance through 5 games)- Stalberg goal performance for Tuesday...which should mean it happens Thursday ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad