GDT: GAME #5: LEAFS @ WINGS | Thurs, Oct 11 @ 7:30PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Hoping for more progress on the defensive side as we showed flashes of against Dallas. But also goals. Lots of goals.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Isn't the goal to win the Stanley Cup ?

or do you just like a lotta goals in the regular season and lose in the first round ?

We have a tough 5 game schedule. It could easily be 4-1 or 1-4.
Leafs have lost 1 game and are top of the division, why so serious? The goals for and goals against will balance throughout the season...try and enjoy the games

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Toronto not use to playing in an arena with empty seats.
It won't be too empty probably - use Windsor area Leafs fans will be heading over likely (I can't though). Vivid Seats has lots of very good priced tickets available (at least they did last night). I think people realized that they were going to be stuck with tickets as nobody wanted to pay what they were listed for a couple weeks ago.

Problem is..the tunnel closes at 8pm for ongoing renovations, so have to take the bridge back to Windsor after.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This will be a shure win, 9-2 Leafs. Three hattricks Matthews and Tavares. And Marner or kapanen. Ehn and Mantha goals for Detroit.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
For as bad as our defense seems to be, take pride in knowing that it is not the Flyers defense.

Eight goals against and Elliot might want 1 back if that. Just a terrible defensive effort.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
We could use a nice 2-1 win.

Man i hope the Leafs aren't reading the press reports right now. They'll think they are the 80's Oilers.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
The entire hockey world is singing the praises of the Leafs and their stars, so I fully expect a loss here.
As a Wings fan I could see it going 10-2 in favor of the Leafs, or going into OT/shootout with the Leafs still on top (possibly a 1st win for the Red Wings but...).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Let's go boys! Let's play a tight game and win 2-1 or so. That would be great, no more stat padding pond hockey!

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
As bad as our defence has been, it seems to be a common theme across the NHL this October. Heck, St Louis has ten goals against in two games.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
As bad as our defence has been, it seems to be a common theme across the NHL this October. Heck, St Louis has ten goals against in two games.

Could be equipment modifications. Tenders reduced padding again. I just hope if it shows up during contract negotiations they can normalize production so we don't overpay.

Reactions: The Assclown

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let's go boys! Let's play a tight game and win 2-1 or so. That would be great, no more stat padding pond hockey!

That would be nice!

ANA, BUF, MTL, NYI, MIN ... I could go on but I think I've made my point.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

It hasn't even been that bad. We've had 2 games where our goaltenders couldn't stop a beach ball out of 4. For all the fuss about our defence on paper, some teams with so called great defenceman have been just as bad if not worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad