GDT: GAME #5: LEAFS @ WINGS | Thurs, Oct 11 @ 7:30PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Like every other fan base on here, Wings fans are pinning their hopes on the salary cap to screw us over. Let's smoke these jokers and help them with their tank. They only wish they had the problem of having too much talent.

Yeah, everyone is praying we run into cap trouble. We don't pay our management to sit and fool around all day though. We'll be fine.

At least they are scared.

Having too much talent is apparently not good anymore.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really like Ferraro and this he's pretty smart, so I'm hoping he's just playing to the Vancouver audience here.

About the cap, I'll admit it is a tough road ahead. But as long as Dubas drafts well and doesn't pay Connor Brown/Zach Hyman, we're fine.

Yeah, I don't think Dubas is the kind of guy that will fall in love with Connor Brown or Hyman. They are good players when they are paid around 2M but lose their value if they want more than that.

Leafs really need to acquire a good young goalie capable of taking Freddie's spot as well. I don't think he's a part of this team going ahead. Our cap structure won't allow for a goalie making 5M (or more).

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, I don't think Dubas is the kind of guy that will fall in love with Connor Brown or Hyman. They are good players when they are paid around 2M but lose their value if they want more than that.

Leafs really need to acquire a good young goalie capable of taking Freddie's spot as well. I don't think he's a part of this team going ahead. Our cap structure won't allow for a goalie making 5M (or more).

Goalies are relatively cheap to acquire so that's not a huge issue. Also, it seems like Ian Scott is having a breakout year in the WHL.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Good starting goalies are not easy to acquire! Mediocre backups, maybe.

Thankfully we have a good starting goalie, yes he's off to a slow start now, but his numbers will be there at season's end they always are.

What we don't have is an NHL caliber backup

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I really like Ferraro and this he's pretty smart, so I'm hoping he's just playing to the Vancouver audience here.

About the cap, I'll admit it is a tough road ahead. But as long as Dubas drafts well and doesn't pay Connor Brown/Zach Hyman, we're fine.

definitely. Pierre McGuire does this a lot too. he says different things depending on what city is doing the interview.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
people always seem to forget that marleau and horton are coming off the books eventually... and potentially even sooner than expected due to potential trades

leafs will have a single year of tight to the cap, then everything gets loosened up. if the cap rises due to seattle and new TV deal, then they're laughing.

I really wanted Marleau gone after this year and that could still happen because of the way his contract is structured but he still plays so well that I'd be totally down with him playing out next year as well. He still skates fast as hell and compliments Matthews. I'd put him down for 25-30 goals again this season.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For his that don’t believe hitting is necessary; tune in to the VGK @ Caps game.....better be prepared when you play these teams.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
For his that don’t believe hitting is necessary; tune in to the VGK @ Caps game.....better be prepared when you play these teams.

Yeah no kidding. Its an absolute war. Washington is this physical without Tom Wilson? Jeeez

Here's hoping Gahtier continues to impress and carves up a spot in the 4th line, because we're gonna need his size against the Caps.

Leivo too

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah no kidding. Its an absolute war. Washington is this physical without Tom Wilson? Jeeez

Here's hoping Gahtier continues to impress and carves up a spot in the 4th line, because we're gonna need his size against the Caps.

Leivo too

I was really hoping Leivo would play a physical game.

The problem is a lot of the Caps best players are very physical

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I was really hoping Leivo would play a physical game.

The problem is a lot of the Caps best players are very physical

True. Leivo shows it here from time to time. Who know, maybe in the playoffs he'll bring it out.

Hyman, Kadri, Kapanen, Gauthier, Leivo probably our most physical/grittiest/size players. Lindholm got a hit in him here or there too.

I'm hoping we acquire someone like Adam McQuaid at the trade deadline to beef up the back end

Reactions: Trawna Phan

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
(Updated thread to GDT)

Projected Lineups
:leafs
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Lindholm - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Gauthier - Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen

:wings

Abdelakder-Larkin-Mantha
Nyquist-Athanasiou-Vanek
Bertuzzi-Nielsen-Rasmussen
Helm-Ehn-Glendening

DeKeyser-Hronek
Sulak-Hicketts
Kronwall-Jensen

Howard/Bernier

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Okay I’m not sure where to say this so I’ll just post it here. I find it so incredibly stupid when opposing fans say “The Leafs might be scoring a lot of goals now, but they’re giving up a lot too, and as the season goes along teams get better defensively and the Leafs won’t be scoring 7 goals a game”. Like the logic is so flawed. Yes scoring will go down as the teams iron out the kinks in their systems, but the same goes for the Leafs. We’re not gonna score 7 goals a game, but we’re also not going to give up 4.

Reactions: CupFever and Lauro

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Oh mayne. Imagine how many goals we gon bounce against THIS team :biglaugh: We gon twerk real hard on that thang tomorrow. It's like nas said, I be gone by daylight, and you be so full of sorrow. Oh yeah, them wings is gon be just like that. We score way too much every nhl team.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Just imagine how hard we gon bounce against that slow kronwall tomorrow... they got real bad injuries and comebacks right now. Tavares marner and matthews gon score big tyme again. 7 ain't enough.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Is Johnsson not going to draw back in? I was in favour of scratching him once as a wake up call but he's a far better option than most of the guys in our bottom six. It's not like any of them have shown up so far.

Put him back with Kadri and let them both rediscover their game.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Detroit’s defence & goaltending is a mess & their forwards are mediocre.

So I’m assuming we’re gonna lose this game. Probably 6-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->