GDT: Game #5|Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I see Simmer is still on the first line for tonight, hopefully with 2 days of practice we can see something better from the top line

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I see Simmer is still on the first line for tonight, hopefully with 2 days of practice we can see something better from the top line

My problem is more with Hartnell. They play extremely similar games so having both is really redundant, even more-so when they're both struggling. Beyond that Simmonds is the better all-around player so I'd move Hartnell off that line if possible.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
My problem is more with Hartnell. They play extremely similar games so having both is really redundant, even more-so when they're both struggling. Beyond that Simmonds is the better all-around player so I'd move Hartnell off that line if possible.

I see nothing wrong with trying it out. Let's see what happens. If it continues not to work then change it around.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Dave Tippett's last NHL team as a player was the Flyers. 20 years ago. Played under Terry Simpson, his junior coach. Yikes.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011

Not sure I'd say Simmonds is the better all around player yet but he could be some day soon. I'd take Hartnell in the defensive end and I think he has a better shot. I haven't seen enough of Simmonds in front of the opposing net this season...hope that changes tonight.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters:
  • Hartnell, Giroux, Simmonds
  • L. Schenn, Timonen
  • Mason

Scratches:
  • Gill
  • Gustafsson
  • Newbury

Referees:
  • Francis Charron
  • Brad Meier

Yukon Cornelius*

Still not a fan of these lines, especially the number one. I would rather see something along the lines of

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Rinaldo
Talbot-Hall-Rosehill

but as others have mentioned, maybe a few full practices under their belts will work wonders. The top line, certainly, can't look any worse than it has.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Hartnell needs to focus on getting an open shooting lane when he sets up in the slot. Giroux has fed him probably a half dozen passes there and I think every single one has been blocked by a defenseman. They just need one to get through and I think they'll get the monkey off their back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad