GDT: Game #5|Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Glad to see there is less hate for Zac these days. Always saw his potential..I would say we have to credit Lavi for seeing the same and giving the kid a chance. Hopefully Zac continues to establish himself in the league.

Funny how he wants the Flyers to continue to list him at 169lbs...lol

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Zac has kept the boneheadedness down, which is something guys like him in the past, IE Carcillo, never did. I do wish he was able to play the PK, but at this point in his career, he does a fine job at what he does. For a 5-6 min a night player, you can't ask for more.

(Just dont expect him to play on the 3rd line *cough* Lavy *cough)

So my girlfriend got tickets for my birthday. Havent even been dating for a year yet :nod::)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I imagine when Rosehill's contract is up, they'll bring up Mathers. Mathers is actually a good fighter who can play some hockey. I don't think he'll be an everyday player but I imagine he'll be better then Rosehill, Sestito, Shelley and Cote though that's not saying much.

Yeh, I know what you mean, he can actually play some hockey, but tbh all of those others you listed apart from Rosehill had better hockey ability/scoring at his age. Though Mathers may be a better fighter than all of them.

Sestito in particular is a far better hockey player than him, but his problem is he is a rubbish fighter, if he was better in that regard he would be a pretty in demand 4th liner in this league.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Zac has kept the boneheadedness down, which is something guys like him in the past, IE Carcillo, never did. I do wish he was able to play the PK, but at this point in his career, he does a fine job at what he does. For a 5-6 min a night player, you can't ask for more.

So my girlfriend got tickets for my birthday. Havent even been dating for a year yet :nod::)

I agree with the Rinaldo statement....as far as the girlfriend, KEEPER!

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

I agree with the Rinaldo statement....as far as the girlfriend, KEEPER!

Keeper.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I always had faith that Rinaldo would eventually mature even when he was very unpopular around here. Glad he's proving his doubters wrong.

Beyond that I'll be looking forward to pay more attention to the 1-2-2 Berube runs and see if the players start understanding the d zone coverage more. I know it won't be perfect. Win or lose I'd like to see if they atleast start showing the concepts more as the next week progresses.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Carcillo was diver and really annoying even when he played for us.

Rinaldo keeps his nose clean and hits like a train. He also seems to be able to talk to refs and has earned their respect.

The last real true heavy the flyers had who was good was Brash. Lindros of course was a beast, who was also a ppg player. I don't think they'll be another like him.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Carcillo was diver and really annoying even when he played for us.

Rinaldo keeps his nose clean and hits like a train. He also seems to be able to talk to refs and has earned their respect.

The last real true heavy the flyers had who was good was Brash. Lindros of course was a beast, who was also a ppg player. I don't think they'll be another like him.

I don't expect there to be another player like Lindros for a long time. He was rare. Fast, big, strong, huge hitter, great shooter, great passer, the whole package.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Wow, great GDT Miami Screaming Eagles. Looks like you put a lot of time into it, I really enjoyed reading it man.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
After seeing Carcillo being unable to grow and form his sanity when he was here it's nice to see Rinaldo grow into the player we need.

CavemanLawyer

Feb 22, 2006
Ocean City, MD
After seeing Carcillo being unable to grow and form his sanity when he was here it's nice to see Rinaldo grow into the player we need.

Last Kings game, Carcillo is out, and gets a penalty at a horrible time (of course). Camera then goes to the bench and its Brown and I believe Kopitar sitting next to each other with a look of awe in their face. Brown then just shakes his head and goes to Kopi- "What the ****?" and shakes his head some more. I think that team is in for a long year with Carcillo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad