GDT: Game #5|Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't mind having enforcers assuming they can actually play the game of hockey. I would make no fuss if we had a guy like Shawn Thornton or Jared Boll, both of them do like to fight a lot but they can also skate & get on the forecheck while adding like somewhere in the 5-10 goal range a year.

Shelley or Rosehill doesn't fit that bill. Hell I didn't even mind when a Sestito was a regular in the lineup.

Same. If they're capable of actually playing, sure, I've got no problem with having a tough guy. Keep them around. But justifying having a terrible player dragging down a line by saying "he'll prevent cheap shots!" when he actually won't isn't gonna work for me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sestito was and is terrible. He could skate but that's about it. For a guy his size who likes to pick fights, he couldn't fight for ****.

I would put Sestito and Rosehill on the same level.

He couldn't fight for ****, I agree but he wasn't a bad hockey player IMO.

I don't know though maybe having years of seeing Shelley out there really lowered the bar for me but I didn't think he was too bad.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And don't forget Cote before him.

For a team that has an attachment to such players, the Flyers sure have done a terrible job picking them.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The highlights in Shelley's career here was going bar down on Kari Lehtonen, danglin' on Nik Backstrom, & TKO'ing Mike Rupp then doing the Jagr Salute. That pretty much summarizes his career here.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I don't mind having enforcers assuming they can actually play the game of hockey. I would make no fuss if we had a guy like Shawn Thornton or Jared Boll, both of them do like to fight a lot but they can also skate & get on the forecheck while adding like somewhere in the 5-10 goal range a year.

Shelley or Rosehill doesn't fit that bill. Hell I didn't even mind when a Sestito was a regular in the lineup.

That's why I liked Asham when he was here. Don't know why they let him walk.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix seems to have the same problem as the Flyers, they can't get the puck out of their own zone & when they finally do enter the other teams zone they can't sustain it.

Something will have to give tomorrow night.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013

i can agree with only boll,reave,.thornton is overrated he have 1 good season in 2011
and the fans call him the best enforcer of all time...:help: he have 36 or 37 now :facepalm:

watch the playoff last years leafs vs bruins. orr was important chara and lucic dont play the same style of their game

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
i can agree with only boll,reave,.thornton is overrated he have 1 good season in 2011
and the fans call him the best enforcer of all time...:help: he have 36 or 37 now :facepalm:

watch the playoff last years leafs vs bruins. orr was important chara and lucic dont play the same style of their game

He had 5 goals last year. He's also 36 & he's not overrated. He's been a regular in Boston's lineup during the regular season & postseason over the last few years. Why's that? Because he can actually play the game of hockey.

They still got bounced in the 1st round so I'm not buying what you're selling there. That's like Don Cherry saying the only reason the Leafs made the playoffs last year was because of him & Mclaren.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There is no way Orr was important, nor did he have any impact on Chara or Lucic. Those two were struggling mightily coming into the playoffs. They were on cold streaks completely unrelated to Orr.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
He had 5 goals last year. He's also 36 & he's not overrated. He's been a regular in Boston's lineup during the regular season & postseason over the last few years. Why's that? Because he can actually play the game of hockey.

They still got bounced in the 1st round so I'm not buying what you're selling there. That's like Don Cherry saying the only reason the Leafs made the playoffs last year was because of him & Mclaren.

since scott tko him is not the same

watch some game sabres,leafs vs the bruins last years when orr and scott play: they not try to fight a no fighter

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I wish it was Friday already!! The last couple years were predictable but now with them trying to put in a more defensive system I am excited to see what will happen.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
rinaldo hit hard 1 player every game

vs montreal white
vs huricannes staal
vs florida shore
vs coyotes ?

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
rinaldo hit hard 1 player every game

vs montreal white
vs huricannes staal
vs florida shore
vs coyotes ?

Like the announcers like to say... the other team knows when Rinaldo is on the ice, and I think it causes them to rush their passes a bit more. Rinaldo seems to skate hard every single game no matter how lame the team plays.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like the announcers like to say... the other team knows when Rinaldo is on the ice, and I think it causes them to rush their passes a bit more. Rinaldo seems to skate hard every single game no matter how lame the team plays.

When you have the puck and Zac is on the ice, the clock is definitely ticking.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
And don't forget Cote before him.

For a team that has an attachment to such players, the Flyers sure have done a terrible job picking them.

I'm still waiting for the Klotz.

Or maybe we should trade for MacIntyre. I hear everyone is so afraid of him they won't even fight him.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
I have a pair of tickets for tonight. Section 221 row 6. Face value is 212 for the pair. Asking $100. Pm me if anyone is interested in going.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I imagine when Rosehill's contract is up, they'll bring up Mathers. Mathers is actually a good fighter who can play some hockey. I don't think he'll be an everyday player but I imagine he'll be better then Rosehill, Sestito, Shelley and Cote though that's not saying much.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Work gave me 3 preseason game tickets and now i have a free set of tickets tonight to. Loving it! I'll be 5 rows from the ice a couple seats back from sign guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->