GDT: Game 5 ECQF New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning 3 PM - NBC (TV), OJN (radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Greene’s minutes this year were insane. Hynes sent him into the buzzsaw every night.

Shocked the results weren’t way worse.

What choice did he have?

Vatanen #1/#2
Greene #3/#4
Moore #5/#6/#7
Severson #5/#6/#7
Mueller #5/#6/#7
Lovejoy #5/#6/#7
Butcher #5/#6

This is a team LOADED with #5/#6 defensemen.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
How bout why 4 center ice rows were "reserved" ?

No one sat in them and then they were opened up in the 2nd. Puzzling.

Saw that but honestly didn't care, not like there was a bad place to sit, I just wanted a crystal clear awesome view of the game. I really don't know why it looked like it did.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How bout why 4 center ice rows were "reserved" ?

No one sat in them and then they were opened up in the 2nd. Puzzling.

That feed was terrible. My buddy and I went down to the Platinum lounge after first intermission and stayed there the rest of the game.

Not sure if we were supposed to be there, but no one said anything. Had free drinks and food the rest of the game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That feed was terrible. My buddy and I went down to the Platinum lounge after first intermission and stayed there the rest of the game.

Not sure if we were supposed to be there, but no one said anything. Had free drinks and food the rest of the game.

Sometimes we catch a break.

Hope you tipped the bartender, if there was one.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My buddy and I went down to the Platinum lounge after first intermission and stayed there the rest of the game.
Not sure if we were supposed to be there, but no one said anything. Had free drinks and food the rest of the game

I love stories like this.

url1.jpg

Reactions: theoptimist

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So the folks who went to the watching party were essentially watching in SD?

If that's the case I would have just left and gone across the street to watch in in HD.

Camille the Eel

I don't care about disparity in talent level, the Devils just allowing Tampa to bully them all series - including cheap shots that wound up injuring and taking out our top D-man - without any type of resistance whatsoever was a pathetic display. Really puts a damper on what was a fun season. You can't lack balls like that and expect to do anything no matter what kind of roster you have. It's even more concerning from the standpoint that they said all the right things and played as a team all year up until this point when they had to put their big boy pants on. I certainly hope it's not the kind of team identity that carries on in the next few years because if so this team will never be a contender no matter where they stand talent-wise.
But what do you really expect us to do? When we went for hits - and we did appear to - we really couldn’t seem to line them up. We ended up crashing into the boards. They escaped. So we did a lot of pushing, clenching and threatening. We couldn’t like attack Kucherov or McDonagh with a stick - these days that doesn’t fly, especially when we only trailed by a goal late in both the last two games. They were just better at hitting us than we were at hitting them.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So the folks who went to the watching party were essentially watching in SD?

If that's the case I would have just left and gone across the street to watch in in HD.

It wasn't as bad as SD would have been and wasn't unwatchable, just didn't look crystal clear like one would expect from that new video board.

Camille the Eel

Coleman must be singled out for praise at the end of this all. Second to Hall, I thought he was our best forward over the last month and I also felt he stepped up in the playoffs. He was very visible and involved. Also, I want to see him at center next year. One of the difficult things about how the current roster was structured was that, with Boyle as 4th center, Coleman had to play wing. But when Zacha was out, for example, I really liked our speed and creativity with him at center.

Reactions: theoptimist

Camille the Eel

Would've been nice for Hall's line to have another PLAYMAKER (*cough* Bratt *cough*) when it mattered. Palms was an absolute disappointment(last minute pointless goal, notwithstanding) on that line. When they took away Hall, they took away the only playmaker on that line.
I also wonder if we will learn whether Hall got dinged with some nagging injury toward the end of game 3. Yes, they took him away; but he also didn’t seem to be able to fight through it as well as we’ve seen him do when other clubs tried it earlier, or, for that matter, when Tampa itself tried it in the first 3 games.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Also let’s be real. If Wood did any of the nonsense Tampa’s players did this series he would not have seen another playoff game this year.

League would have been sure of that.

I'm very annoyed that wood became very soft after he got suspended. He was pretty much invisible from that point on. He scored a few goals here and there, but he was not the same player he was before that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad