GDT: Game 5: Coyotes @ Senators | 10/22/2022 13:00 AZ time | BSAZ | Matvei Michkov edition

How many goals will we score today?

• Total voters

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sorry, I cannot type the question, for fear of censorship, ostracization,

Just having some fun, since the hockey is a bit of a trudge. A bit.
I knew that, we need to entertain ourselves. Should be Cup Contenders in 2 or 3 years though!!!! 😇

Reactions: Summer Rose

cobra427

May 6, 2012
No shit Einstein. Everybody that watches hockey knows that. This will be a long year, but not as bad as last year. I love watching Maccelli and Guenther. Maccelli kind of reminds me of Garland, but much faster.
I'm glad you enjoy watching and I'm glad they were "ready to play" today, but in the end, replay of the MTL game.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I still need to watch the game (12 hour work day), but I'd maybe extend that time line 2 years for the min and 5 for the max. I'd love it if you're correct though!
Yeah 5 or so is realistic, its almost starting from scratch in reality. Once the picks are made its then time to convince a couple free agents that the plan is solid. Then you have to hope it all comes together. Buffalo and Ottawa are showing reason for hope so far this season but they have been on this road a long time

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Due to the threat of an all out ground sea and air attack I shall not ask the question that you are all now asking yourself… but wont admit it. Instead I will focus on the positive take aways
…..
….
AT has to take some blame, but he doesn't play the game. Like DT always said, the "coaches get to much credit when a team wins, and to much of the blame when they lose".

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah 5 or so is realistic, its almost starting from scratch in reality. Once the picks are made its then time to convince a couple free agents that the plan is solid. Then you have to hope it all comes together. Buffalo and Ottawa are showing reason for hope so far this season but they have been on this road a long time
I agree, and to make things worse I don't think Tucson has much to offer other than one or two players.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I agree, and to make things worse I don't think Tucson has much to offer other than one or two players.
While that's true today, it won't be in a few years. I'd be willing to bet that our AHL squad will have talent coming out of every hole come fall 2024. There were many of us who didn't like this direction 2 years ago but it's happening, now we all need to be patient because rebuilds take a ton of time.

I'll be plesently surprised if we even look like a playoff team in 2-3 years, much less a contender. Most of the kids we're drafting will more than likely be D+3 before they make the squad, and then need another ~3 years of NHL development on top of that. That's 6 years from the 2022 draft, 5 years from 2021. Now guys like Cooley, Geekie, and hopefully Bedard/Fantilli will hit the roster faster, but I'd wager big money they still will need 3 years of NHL experience before they're ready to lead this team into the playoffs, much less attain Lord Stanley's Cup.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not even close. Score yes, play no.
You’re off your rocker Jakey! How can you say they were ready to play? Soft ass pass up the middle isn’t ready, losing nearly every one on one battle isn’t ready. The latter persisted throughout the game. It was a pathetic, dismal effort.

Edit: I’ll add that Hayton has not even been “good” (per my definition) for the majority of the last two games. Two games does not make a season, but as you and I both know, consistency is key.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re off your rocker Jakey! How can you say they were ready to play? Soft ass pass up the middle isn’t ready, losing nearly every one on one battle isn’t ready. The latter persisted throughout the game. It was a pathetic, dismal effort.

Edit: I’ll add that Hayton has not even been “good” (per my definition) for the majority of the last two games. Two games does not make a season, but as you and I both know, consistency is key.
A turnover is not an indication how the team is playing overall. It started out pretty good until a dumb ass pass. Going into the third period down by one, is a score I would take on most nights. Any kind of NHL caliber goaltending in the third would have kept it close. I would like to see Hayton with Guenther and Maccelli.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
A turnover is not an indication how the team is playing overall. It started out pretty good until a dumb ass pass. Going into the third period down by one, is a score I would take on most nights. Any kind of NHL caliber goaltending in the third would have kept it close. I would like to see Hayton with Guenther and Maccelli.
That was the obvious turnover Jakey. Did you not notice all the others? Did you not witness us continually losing one on one battles? You said you wanted to see improvement, this game was not that.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That was the obvious turnover Jakey. Did you not notice all the others? Did you not witness us continually losing one on one battles? You said you wanted to see improvement, this game was not that.
There were some segments where they played fairly well. The problem is there isn’t enough of it. Most of that coming from turning pucks over at our own end.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Not even close. Score yes, play no.
The only difference was we didn't go down 3-0 in first 8 minutes. Play was the same, it's the talent difference, it's obvious....We could reincarnate Jack Adams or bring Tip back, or name your favorite current NHL coach and we would be close to as bad. BA says we have really changed the culture in the room and AT is part of that. Now you are saying vets don't or the team doesn't play well. Remember the culture problem we had with Tip and the culture problem we had with RT? Except for, players liked playing for Tip, he kept them accountable. Players liked RT too. RT won a cup and played as hard or harder than any player, he was well respected.

My point is this team doesn't have a culture problem with AT, and didn't with Tip or RT either, thats nonsense. We have always had a talent problem. Tip got more with less, RT got less with more, and AT has less to work with then either, so you can't judge him with this roster.

I blame BA for where we are at right now, he waited a year to start the rebuild, waited too long to trade OEL, cost us Garland, traded DVO, had to give up Garland, and now waiting forever to trade Chych. BA is why we suck and haven't made much progress yet, it's not on the all washed up vets, the AHL players on the roster or the young players or the coach, this is all on BA, we should be further along by at least a year now.

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
The only difference was we didn't go down 3-0 in first 8 minutes. Play was the same, it's the talent difference, it's obvious....We could reincarnate Jack Adams or bring Tip back, or name your favorite current NHL coach and we would be close to as bad. BA says we have really changed the culture in the room and AT is part of that. Now you are saying vets don't or the team doesn't play well. Remember the culture problem we had with Tip and the culture problem we had with RT? Except for, players liked playing for Tip, he kept them accountable. Players liked RT too. RT won a cup and played as hard or harder than any player, he was well respected.

My point is this team doesn't have a culture problem with AT, and didn't with Tip or RT either, thats nonsense. We have always had a talent problem. Tip got more with less, RT got less with more, and AT has less to work with then either, so you can't judge him with this roster.

I blame BA for where we are at right now, he waited a year to start the rebuild, waited too long to trade OEL, cost us Garland, traded DVO, had to give up Garland, and now waiting forever to trade Chych. BA is why we suck and haven't made much progress yet, it's not on the all washed up vets, the AHL players on the roster or the young players or the coach, this is all on BA, we should be further along by at least a year now.
This is the year to be really bad. Have you seen the top picks for 23? Looks like a solid plan to me.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There were some segments where they played fairly well. The problem is there isn’t enough of it. Most of that coming from turning pucks over at our own end.
Agreed - consistency…. It’s the most difficult aspect and if it can’t be achieved by the majority on the team, the results are as we witnessed.

Sorry, I cannot type the question, for fear of censorship, ostercization

those over protecting the coaching are the over reactors in my opinion… time will tell who is seeing things correctly and who is not
Not really. He’s got a shelf life for one of the most challenging situations in the NHL. I’d be quite surprised, if he’s around long.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Agreed - consistency…. It’s the most difficult aspect and if it can’t be achieved by the majority on the team, the results are as we witnessed.

Not really. He’s got a shelf life for one of the most challenging situations in the NHL. I’d be quite surprised, if he’s around long.
I agree it is a very challenging situation… would be for any coach.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was over the Montreal game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Disagree, I thought the play over all was much better. I have let the past go. We are where we are. BA made his bed, now he will have to lay in it. Is this going to be another rinse and repeat, or finally start to see a successful rebuild?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Disagree, I thought the play over all was much better. I have let the past go. We are where we are. BA made his bed, now he will have to lay in it. Is this going to be another rinse and repeat, or finally start to see a successful rebuild?
This is the first real rebuild for the Coyotes, over time it should work. Some of our youth should work out finally but we need to give it another 2-3 years to find out. As you know, I don't think BA was the right guy to tear it down, he took too long, but he might be the right guy to build it. I think it's too early to tell anything with BA or our coach. Tip: take CBJ and the points, they just spanked NYR on the road, another 6-2 loss coming for Coyotes, hope they "play well" as you say, in another loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad