GDT: Game 5 | Columbus at Tampa Bay | 10/13 7PM

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Despite the beating, saw some good plays from CBJ when they made it 3-2.
A couple of lucky bounced their way, both for them scoring and defending, mimentum could have shifted to make the score different outcome.

In any event, the time off will be welcomed, and hope they kick ass vs. the Flyers.
Also, will be very interesting to see who gets the start in net......
I admire your positive thinking...........,......what the hell’s wrong with you????!!!:laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
A buddy saying Bob doing his best Roy’s last game as a Hab impression.
My memory of that moment crossed my mind, too.

IMO Leaving him out there like he did could hurt Torts in the locker room as he basically embarrassed him. Yeah, I know some may not care because of how they feel about Bob right now, but we can all express that freely as fans ---- but you can't as the coach.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
This is one of those games where the coach might be best off saying "forget it" and move on. Give the video coach a day off.

None of the goals Bob let in were horrendous, but you obviously expect him to stop more of those than that. I'm hoping this is just the usual Bob starting slow thing. He's not tracking pucks that well.

The Lightning had way too many good looks. Seth Jones can't get back soon enough.
The only one that left me shaking my head was the power-play goal at the start of the third. That made it 5 to 2. Bob was in good enough position that he probably should’ve had that one.

Anything he got wrong after that, well, I don’t know about because I kind of quit watching at that point.

I’m seeing some people on Twitter whining that he probably should’ve been pulled after the second period. I would’ve disagreed with that, and it’s easy to say after you look at the final score and say “hey, he gave up eight -- why was he still in there?” But the second period was actually his best period of the game, and the only goal we gave up was the one in the final minute after that shitty bounce that really wasn’t his fault. Once the third started to get away from us, the only thing that pulling Bobrovsky would have accomplished was putting Korpi at risk of an injury coming in cold.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
OT........HNIC reporting that Josh Anderson unhappy with ice time this year......hasn’t requested trade, but Toronto is sniffing around ......fwiw
Oh FFS. There's no time for this.

Toronto fans have been sniffing for a month now, but they aren't willing to give up anything actually useful. I hope he doesn't get traded, but if it happens, Toronto or Pittsburgh would infuriate me endlessly.

As to this game... I missed most of it, but what I saw was rough. I don't know how much of value you can take from it as a player or coach.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Yes, and like I said he should have stopped some of them, though no particular one of them is a stop you expect a goalie to stop.

Bob was bad, and this one was more than just Bob's fault. Put a goalie who's feeling it in there and we lose 5-2 or 6-2. Zero points regardless of goaltending.
To many excuses for fan favorite Bob... Don't get me wrong, I like Bob, met him, have stuff signed by him but this a sport business... I'm tired of slow starts and slow finishes.... Bob has had his chance, more than enough chances.... Time for him to step up or move on...

Reactions: thebus88

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Turned it off after 6-2...

Bit surprised Torts left Bob in after the 7th.

Bottom line TB is just a terrible matchup for us. We don’t have answers for their speed and our PK is about as reliable as our PP ;)

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I have to say I really enjoyed that second period. No, really. This one got ugly fast. :laugh:

If I'm coach I'm saying forget about this one. You don't get extra points for winning 10-0 and you don't lose points for losing 0-10 (A fact my men's league team is very grateful for :laugh: ).

The only one that left me shaking my head was the power-play goal at the start of the third. That made it 5 to 2. Bob was in good enough position that he probably should’ve had that one.

Anything he got wrong after that, well, I don’t know about because I kind of quit watching at that point.

I’m seeing some people on Twitter whining that he probably should’ve been pulled after the second period. I would’ve disagreed with that, and it’s easy to say after you look at the final score and say “hey, he gave up eight -- why was he still in there?” But the second period was actually his best period of the game, and the only goal we gave up was the one in the final minute after that ****ty bounce that really wasn’t his fault. Once the third started to get away from us, the only thing that pulling Bobrovsky would have accomplished was putting Korpi at risk of an injury coming in cold.

Yeah I don't know if it matters if he was pulled or not. Once the points are settled who cares. Well Roy did, but I don't know if that's something Bob cares about or Torts or Korpi.

For me the time to consider pulling him is at the end of the 1st period. You could see he wasn't seeing the puck that well, he was batting at it. I don't know if goalies sometimes play their way out of that, but I say "uh-oh" when I see it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I said before the year started that if the Tampa game goes poorly, we will have a nice 4 day break to work on systems and fix up whatever is broken. There's a lot of things to work on in terms of defensive structure, especially I think they're leaving big gaps for cross-ice passes, which is going to kill any goalie.

Turned it off after 6-2...

Bit surprised Torts left Bob in after the 7th.

Bottom line TB is just a terrible matchup for us. We don’t have answers for their speed and our PK is about as reliable as our PP ;)

The story some tell about Tampa is that you have to outmuscle them. Muck it up. Washington didn't just play speed vs speed against Tampa, they used their size advantage. I'd like to see the Jackets try that when the Bolts come to Columbus.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Just got back to Orlando. The goal horn in Tampa is still going off.

I have seen a lot of stinkers in this franchise history in person, but that was one of the lamest with the roster we have.

The talent level disparity between these two teams was pretty staggering. Tampa offense just comes in waves.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->