GDT: Game 5 | Columbus at Tampa Bay | 10/13 7PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If I’m Torts, I’m starting Korpisalo every single damn game (unless it’s a B2B) until he falters.

Current Korpi >>> Current Bob.

This is ugly.

And it begins. Bob had no chance on any of the goals, like Korpisalo against Florida.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If I’m Torts, I’m starting Korpisalo every single damn game (unless it’s a B2B) until he falters.

Current Korpi >>> Current Bob.

This is ugly.
1st GA bad but cross ice pass, 2nd was cross ice from a cheat play, and 3rd I'll need to watch replay (didn't get good look) but looked like rebound in traffic where TB player got solid shot off.

Originally started typing with intent to say it's not all Bob but he definitely isn't where he needs to be. I hate chalking things to refs, but 2nd goal shouldn't have happened because it was an obvious trip. 3rd is Bob and team (have to tie up sticks in traffic. If guys can get solid shots that elevate over a sprawling goalie, it's a defensive error). 1st Bob needs to stop.

Reactions: thebus88

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
We look like a damn AHL team playing Team Canada. Tampa is absolutely dominant in all phases.

The mini mites just played at the intermission and they had better puck control than the Jackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halfboard

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
There’s no denying that Korpisalo has looked better so far this season than Bob has. And if you are denying that then I got nothing for you.

Sure. But it’s only game 5, and Bobrovsky has had the harder teams. You’re advocating riding Korpisalo until he cools is kind of over reacting. Tampa is just better. If Korpi was in the net the score is probably the same.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He looks lost out there whenever he's on the ice.

I agree, but when he goes out there he knows he’s one bad play from not seeing the ice again, and one good play might not impact anything. Not a good spot to put the guy in.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Well, if we are gonna start a comeback...a double minor to Hedman seems like a good time to do it.

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
There’s no denying that Korpisalo has looked better so far this season than Bob has. And if you are denying that then I got nothing for you.
Well not including this game They each have two games played, and Bob has a better GAA and save %, while going against the tougher teams. There is no denying that.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Who thought it was a good idea to base the entire PP around trying to get a tip in, instead of actually trying to shoot the puck into the net?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Who thought it was a good idea to base the entire PP around trying to get a tip in, instead of actually trying to shoot the puck into the net?
They were trying to use several different methods to score on the PP. Point shots, one timers by dots, wristers from dots, and deflections/tips low. I'm perfectly happy having a PP that isn't a one trick pony. That said, despite the quality we still failed to cash when it really counts

Reactions: thebus88

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Basically Korpi looked good in a game vs. an 0-5 Redwings.

Dude. We get it. You think Bob has been better than Korpi. You’ve been getting at this now for the past half hour and now you’re literally talking to yourself. We get it.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Good cross ice.

We will probably have to score "clean" goals that way exclusively. Need rebounds and deflections for dirty. Tampa goalie is very large so covers much of net on merit of his size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad