GDT: Game 5 | Columbus at Tampa Bay | 10/13 7PM

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Bob has been sitting in back in his net all season.... Great CONFIDENT goalies go beyond the blue paint and challenge shooters.... just sayin...

This is huge right here. Somethings people will or should have noticed on many goals scored against this year and in the past. WAY TOO DEEP in his net.

How many goals this year have been 'high glove'?

Korpisalo is better, right now.

Where are "THE NUMBERS"!?

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah I don't know if it matters if he was pulled or not. Once the points are settled who cares. Well Roy did, but I don't know if that's something Bob cares about or Torts or Korpi.

For me the time to consider pulling him is at the end of the 1st period. You could see he wasn't seeing the puck that well, he was batting at it. I don't know if goalies sometimes play their way out of that, but I say "uh-oh" when I see it.

Wait, are we talking about Bobrovsky or Hasek?? :o

Just want to be for sure. :boredom:

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
For me the time to consider pulling him is at the end of the 1st period. You could see he wasn't seeing the puck that well, he was batting at it. I don't know if goalies sometimes play their way out of that, but I say "uh-oh" when I see it.
Even then, I wouldn't have.

The only way I pull my Vezina winning goalie after one period is if he's godawful terrible, or if the game is so out of reach that it's a lost cause. 3-0 isn't at that level, and he wasn't that bad.

The first goal was a goalmouth scramble -- chaos. Not really much he could have done. The third one was after he made a tough save on a high riser through traffic, and no one could bother to clear out the crease and get to a rebound. Not his fault. The only one I could have faulted him on was the second goal, but even that one was off a quick turnover, and was a great shot by a wide open guy in the slot. That's one where he could have "done better," but hardly a bad goal.

There's a lot of people (not including you when I say this) that think if Bobrovsky isn't playing spectacular, then he's terrible. We expect a lot because he's an elite goalie, but there's still plenty of real estate between playing great and "deserving to be yanked." I think a goaltender of his caliber deserves a chance to pull out of it unless, like I said, it's just so bad that there's no coming back.

So if you're not going to pull him after that period, and I don't think Torts should have, it would have made even less sense after the second period. And by the time it got completely away, there wasn't any point.

Reactions: major major

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Haven't seen that game, but i see our gorgeous PP went 0/4. Did it look as bad as the scoreboard suggests?

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A buddy saying Bob doing his best Roy’s last game as a Hab impression.
That thought came to mind when I checked the box score while I was at a Cyclones game.

Did Torts try to humiliate him? You'd think goal number 5 or 6 would have clinched a switch. I believe they are putting the screws to Bob and at the end of the day. the CBJ are the ones who are going to get screwed.

Noticed that Murray the Great was on the ice for 5 goals against.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well, they had 10 shots on the power play, and I think they hit the post once. So, I've seen worse.
I have seen their shots, they still have that wing-point-wing setup from last year, shooting above the circles, it's as dangerous as Wennberg shot.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
That thought came to mind when I checked the box score while I was at a Cyclones game.

Did Torts try to humiliate him? You'd think goal number 5 or 6 would have clinched a switch. I believe they are putting the screws to Bob and at the end of the day. the CBJ are the ones who are going to get screwed.

Noticed that Murray the Great was on the ice for 5 goals against.
I still think everybody's overthinking this.

If you're going to stay with him after two periods, you don't pull him after 1:40 more, when the game's still not totally out of reach. And once it was 6-2, there was only 13 minutes to go, so it's not really fair to put Korpi in that position.

Bobrovsky makes a lot of money, and he's asking for a lot more. He can take his lumps and recognize the situation for what it is.

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I guess I don’t see the big deal. Torts is supposed to pull his goalie that thinks he’s so good , and accomplished so much , because he can’t stop the puck ? How about Bob step up , quit bitching about the situation he’s in , and not turtle , when he gets in games where the pressure is ratcheted up.

Reactions: KCbus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I still think everybody's overthinking this.

If you're going to stay with him after two periods, you don't pull him after 1:40 more, when the game's still not totally out of reach. And once it was 6-2, there was only 13 minutes to go, so it's not really fair to put Korpi in that position.

Bobrovsky makes a lot of money, and he's asking for a lot more. He can take his lumps and recognize the situation for what it is.

It really depends upon Bob's psyche. Some goalies can brush off a bombing and move on and not worry about it. Others don't react quite so well and get hacked off at the coach who left them in.

In the absence of the contract issue and Bob's press meeting at training camp, I wouldn't give leaving him in for the full 60 minutes a second thought, but that's not the situation.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Haven't seen that game, but i see our gorgeous PP went 0/4. Did it look as bad as the scoreboard suggests?

No they had plenty of looks. But the players looked sluggish, especially Werenski. We did learn that Duclair ain't so good at the one-timers. I'm still not sold on him on the PP.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No they had plenty of looks. But the players looked sluggish, especially Werenski. We did learn that Duclair ain't so good at the one-timers. I'm still not sold on him on the PP.

I thought the pp looked as good as I can remember it looking. I still can't figure out why Panarin isn't set up waiting for a one timer a la Stamps/Ovie? Oh, well that won't matter come next season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
"After the Blue Jackets lost the game by a score of 8-2, the team's contender status may need to be put on hold. "

Does anyone actually believe this? I feel like we burned that 'dark horse' bridge awhile ago.

You can lose by worse and still win the cup. Didn't we beat the Pens by 7 the last year they won it?

The ability to beat top teams matters, it will just take more than one game to know whether we have it.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Are you saying Detroit is better than the Lightning? Korpi hasn’t played against a team with a win yet.
I’d wager Florida has as much , if not more of a chance of making the playoffs , then we do . More skilled wingers , then Tampa , just not as sound on defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad