GDT: Game 5 - CBJ at CAR - 12 Oct, 7pm

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Murray was disappointing last few games after a pretty good season before his injury last year. I hope he can become the real deal without injury this year.

Korpi was strong

also Wennie is much better than last year

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Idk for certain but I’m willing to bet Texier, Milano, Bemstrom, and Lilja got less than two minutes of ice time in that third period.
Bem got 2:16
Tex got 3:58
Milano 2:37
Lilja 1:47

Both nash and bone played slightly less than Tex but he didn't play the last 3 min so maybe it didn't help your perception

Last edited:
Reactions: Palm Tree

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Great performance. I am very happy with Korpi this year, that was the biggest question for me. I think the goals will come (because I think a deal will be made), but you can't win if you play with fear of your own goalie.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Both nash and bone played slightly less than Tex but he didn't play the last 3 min so maybe it didn't help your perception
And on the flip side...

Murray, Nutti, Bjorkstrand, Foligno and Wennberg all had 8-9 minutes played in the 3rd. 2-3 minutes more than any other Jacket. Only Dubois was above 6 minutes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

It occurs to me that all four of those guys are folks who've never played a full NHL season before and so there might be concerns w/r/t making sure they make it through this one by pacing them.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Nice to see Gavrikov coming into his own so quickly. Kid sure can defend. I bet when he gets more comfortable the offense comes too, you can see where he wants to. Very Giordano-esque. I feel sorry for Kukan. I like how he plays but he's not seeing the ice now....

I actually like the line of Tex-Boone-Bem. Good energy. I feel like Bem has looked his best next to Boone several times this year.

The team needs to continue to embrace the kids to use speed to win.

Side note, I really would have liked to see Boone or someone hit Hamilton and his smug grin into the third row.

Reactions: CPTN71 and thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bjorkstrand's goal was pure high school. Don't see too many of those in the NHL. Fun to see that replay.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I’m still trying to figure out why Carolina called their timeout when they did. They had us pinned down in our own zone on the 6-on-5 for a long stretch, we iced it, and they gave us a chance to rest. Makes no sense.

Reactions: LoveCBJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad