Post-Game Talk: Game 5: Caps vs. Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Why is everyone praising Toronto? They're an average team that's hanging around because we are allowing them to. Every time the Caps put the foot on the gas they crumple in front of our eyes.

Jun 15, 2007
This series is going to game 7 ot for sure. It's just the Caps way.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why is everyone praising Toronto? They're an average team that's hanging around because we are allowing them to. Every time the Caps put the foot on the gas they crumple in front of our eyes.

We're not playing at our best but the Leafs are 10 times better than they were during the regular season and 1000 times better than they were last year. Their progression has been exponential.

Tony The Wiz

Apr 12, 2017
They need to get their crap together obviously or we are toast by 2nd round
If you get to the 2nd round playing Pittsburgh is just wrong by the league. Look I am a Ranger fan and I will take it but there is a big flaw in this playoff format. Columbus lost 6 in a row and the Rangers were 2 and 4 the last 6 games before Columbus beat Toronto. Neither team wanted to face the Penguins and you guys most likely. They need to change it or teams will tank games.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I have absolutely no idea why Connolly is getting a jersey at this point. He's warming the bench. Put in anyone else.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Much better game from Holtby, which is huge for this team. The PK looked improved, too, and it was nice to see the Caps get stronger as the game went on.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
IF we get out of this series, I have mixed feelings about our chances against the Pens. A lot of the Leafs' attributes that give us fits the Pens do superiorly. But I would venture to say that the Leafs might be a tiny bit better around the net, which seems to be one of our defensive weaknesses.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
IF we get out of this series, I have mixed feelings about our chances against the Pens. A lot of the Leafs' attributes that give us fits the Pens do superiorly. But I would venture to say that the Leafs might be a tiny bit better around the net, which seems to be one of our defensive weaknesses.

This is an understatement.

The Leafs are incredible at putting shots on net and finding rebounds.

If the Caps manage to get out of this round, I expect another 6-7 game series with Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->