GDT: Game 5: Avs @ Sens | South Park Hockey | Thursday Oct. 16th 5:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Pickard has let in a couple of soft ones, but we've also looked like the Oilers in our own zone. Terrible performance all around.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This loss is the one you really can't blame anyone.

You don't have an NHL goalie, you're not gonna beat anyone in the NHL.

It's a loss I'll accept

I'll feel pretty comfortable blaming the team that decided play like complete idiots and make a bunch of unforced turnovers, after a rookie gets thrown into the fire for his first NHL game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The sky is falling!

With Berra the Avs win this game, and that isn't meant as a compliment to Berra.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Lol 1 shoot in last nine minutes, Pickard sucks bad, but that sequence before the last goal was so brutal with all the turnover. And yeah what the **** is wrong with Landy

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No excuse to score 3 goals in the first and none after that. Also no excuse for taking 50 penalties in the game.

Yeah but it sure doesn't help when your goalie allows 4 soft goals, kinda takes all the confidence out of you

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
He wasn't that bad for Flames last season. He looks really well in preseason and against Bruins. He is better than Pickard. With him in goal we probably still leads in this game.

I'd want to see Pickard in more than one game (with these circumstances especially) before I rank him above Berra or not.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Holy crap, could you guys be any bigger jerks about Pickard. He was in a different country when he woke up this morning, travelled, missed morning skate, and did pregame as the backup....all in his first NHL game. Give him a break already.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
avs would have won with Berra. Pickard was okay for his 1st game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad