Post-Game Talk: Game #49 - Sabres @ The Powerhouse - 6PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wouldn't be. People still forgetting they have 2 games AFTER our season is over.
We actually have to overtake them by at least 1, hopefully 2 points, before they play their last 2, for us to have any chance they choke.
We somehow catch them BEFORE we play them, well then to a certain degree, we have our fate in our hands.

I understand and agree until I saw Boston’s schedule including playing the worst team in hockey two times.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you! Yea that’s my uncles bedroom that it went through! But fortunately he was at work doing graveyard shift, this is the 3rd time a drunk driver has crashed into our house lol. If he were in bed he may have been killed. The guy hit 4 vehicles before crashing into our house. Called the insurance company and they’re putting us in a hotel for the night, this is going to be an expensive job to fix lol
TGhQLuN.jpg

h1Qw3ER.jpg

man that sucks but glad no one was harmed.

Apr 10, 2012
Saw it too. It was also one of the rare occasions you don't see Laf smiling after a goal. Not sure what that was all about.
after the game zjbanejad and buch both cautiously gave him a pat on the head. he didnt look happy but i think that's all it was. he got hit harder than he expected, didn't score the goal, and the roids were peaking

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Thank you! Yea that’s my uncles bedroom that it went through! But fortunately he was at work doing graveyard shift, this is the 3rd time a drunk driver has crashed into our house lol. If he were in bed he may have been killed. The guy hit 4 vehicles before crashing into our house. Called the insurance company and they’re putting us in a hotel for the night, this is going to be an expensive job to fix lol
TGhQLuN.jpg

h1Qw3ER.jpg
Wow that is scary, good thing your uncle wasn't in bed. Glad you and your family are all safe.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I understand and agree until I saw Boston’s schedule including playing the worst team in hockey two times.
Pretty sure you mean the Devils. Buffalo seems very competitive now. That was a FAST game, and seemed the Rangers were on their offensive "A" game.
Defensively, ummmm maybe not so much.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
they have the cupcakes on deck. Not catching them.

The Devils are playing like hot garbage right now, but the Sabres are looking better. They have wins against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston in the past two weeks.

If we could somehow get within 2 points of Boston heading into those games, then take both in regulation, it would force Boston to have to get 3 points against the Isles and Caps. It's still very much a longshot.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Devils are playing like hot garbage right now, but the Sabres are looking better. They have wins against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston in the past two weeks.

If we could somehow get within 2 points of Boston heading into those games, then take both in regulation, it would force Boston to have to get 3 points against the Isles and Caps. It's still very much a longshot.

you’re right, the Devils have just stopped. Let’s be great full the draft appears mediocre b/c they’re getting a high pick.

Reactions: mas0764

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pretty sure you mean the Devils. Buffalo seems very competitive now. That was a FAST game, and seemed the Rangers were on their offensive "A" game.
Defensively, ummmm maybe not so much.
Yep Newark

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
TGhQLuN.jpg

h1Qw3ER.jpg
Probably should put a boulder there. My neighbor had the same issue. My road is basically a downhill, mountain road, toss in PA drivers that love speeding downhill and it ends up being a great mix, :sarcasm::help: but anyway putting a boulder there helped. Drivers tend to notice it and slow down instead of crashing.

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Nice to see the kids going. Happy for Jones. He's looking better and better every game.

The one bummer (aside from team d) was that Kakko didn't sniff the ice the last 4 minutes of the game with a chance at a hatty.

Then, Strome took that stupid penalty. But that was the exact shift I would have liked to see Quinn get KK out there. I wish he would have figured that out. It's a good confidence and team builder. These are the little opportunities during the game to build up your kids more that a better coach likely seizes on. Sure it was an empty net situation but we were up by two.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
All good...but the Sabres are a poor measuring stick.....and we were kind of sloppy in the defensive effort. Igor had to make some great saves and still let in three . In a perfect season with deeper D I think Miller is a third pairing Dman for a season or so . He might just end up being pushed there next season depending on what the team wants to do or spend .

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Probably should put a boulder there. My neighbor had the same issue. My road is basically a downhill, mountain road, toss in PA drivers that love speeding downhill and it ends up being a great mix, :sarcasm::help: but anyway putting a boulder there helped. Drivers tend to notice it and slow down instead of crashing.

I live in Jersey in an area where not every street has curbs and you would be surprised how many people have huge rocks at the end of their lawns to prevent people from driving up on their lawns, hitting someone or running into their houses. Better to have the car or truck slam into a huge Boulder with some stopping power then a family member.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Oh wow! Nearly same thing happened to me. Taking a rare Sat. aft. nap, wake up to a thud, another thud, a clank and then a shattering sound.
Some BOZO hit a car in my swale, that car forced forward into my Mustang parked in driveway while carrying HALF of the split brick stanchion and dumping it on my trunk then hitting floor.
Unbelievable set of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->