Pre-Game Talk: Game 49: Rangers @ Bruins Jan 19, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Will Cehlarik continue to impress?

I hope so but at the same time, it shouldn't stop Sweeney to seek help. We will need it all...

Backes should be on the 4th line, or the 3rd, (Not sure which one is which lately) instead of Acciari.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Rangers have sent down backup goalie Alexandar Georgiev to the AHL. In all likelihood it's to get him some playing time during the team's break.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://nypost.com/2019/01/18/david-quinn-doing-everything-he-can-to-downplay-boston-return/

The list of requests would have likely been long, but David Quinn claims he is out of the ticket business.

So all the family and friends wishing to see him behind the bench as an NHL head coach for the first time in Boston Saturday night can find their own way into TD Garden.

“They can watch it on MSG or NESN,” Quinn said with a grin. “I’m not kidding, I’m not leaving one ticket for anybody. I don’t know who’s going to be there, but I’m going to win a hockey game and I got nine days off after that, so I’ll spend a lot of time with those people after the fact.”

The Rangers coach said he didn’t circle Saturday’s game against the Bruins on his calendar until midnight Thursday.
But for the man from Cranston, RI, who grew up going to the old Boston Garden to root on the Bruins, played there as a defenseman at Boston University, and experienced some of his best and worst memories from coaching his alma mater at the new TD Garden, a trip back there was all starting to sink in by Friday.

“Certainly thinking about it a lot over the last 12 hours, and what we’re going to face in a heck of a hockey team, well-coached team,” Quinn said Friday after practice. “But obviously for me personally, going to school there and coaching in Boston, coaching so many games at the Garden, it’ll definitely mean a lot more to me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->