Post-Game Talk: Game 49 - Penguins Roasting On An Open Fire - BRUINS 4 Pittsburgh 1 FINAL

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Krug's only problem is he is short. I think he challenged
Stewart of the Kings when Lucic cameback to Boston.
Krug was fortunate Stewart didn't kill him...lol

My brother and I said this during the game last night - If Torey Krug was 6'3", he'd be the best defenseman in the league.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
My brother and I said this during the game last night - If Torey Krug was 6'3", he'd be the best defenseman in the league.

I feel like if he was 6'3" and literally nothing changed, he would be viewed as one of the best. I mean literally nothing, he made the exact same plays his entire career but he was somehow taller. A lot of historical focus on size still hampers the scouting within this league.

Reactions: jgatie and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Being a small guy myself I absolutely love when guys like Krug stand up and are counted. He is fast becoming one of my favourite players.

This is one of the reasons I like Grizz so much-he and I are pretty much the same size, though he may have a few pounds on me. It sucks always being told in sports that you are too small to be any good. Well, I wasn't really any good because I wasn't any good :laugh: but I love it when guys like Krug/Gryz/Fleury, Nathan Gerbe, Gaudreau et al. are able to flourish and prove people wrong (and keep doing so).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I feel like if he was 6'3" and literally nothing changed, he would be viewed as one of the best. I mean literally nothing, he made the exact same plays his entire career but he was somehow taller. A lot of historical focus on size still hampers the scouting within this league.

All I will say to this is that if he were 6'3" 215 with the same tools but a more robust physical presence out there, he'd be a perennial Norris candidate and quite possibly HOF bound.

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Imagine him with the larger size and the same tools, he'd be unstoppable. His defense is suspect sometimes because of his size, but he has learned to limit that negative with IQ and timing. Now add the size. Ooofah, he'd be something.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
That was definitely an improved effort as far as being assertive, physical and the "stand-up for each other" style we all expect of the Bruins. It was obvious they heard the media, fans, and likely coaching group that Tuesday's Columbus game was an embarrassment. A step in the right direction, need to build on it, not make it a 1-time event. With Ritchie and now Backes out of the picture for the time being, obvious need for someone to join this group from Providence or ?? to help in the heavy role to continue this type of hockey...especially looking towards playoffs..

Reactions: BMC and capecodder

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
This is one of the reasons I like Grizz so much-he and I are pretty much the same size, though he may have a few pounds on me. It sucks always being told in sports that you are too small to be any good. Well, I wasn't really any good because I wasn't any good :laugh: but I love it when guys like Krug/Gryz/Fleury, Nathan Gerbe, Gaudreau et al. are able to flourish and prove people wrong (and keep doing so).

I played a small bit of rugby growing up and at 5'7" I was far from intimidating but I soon figured out that no matter how big a tree is, if you chop at the base, it will fall. Tackling subsequently became the strongest part of my game and to see the look on a 6'2" guy's face as he picked himself up off the ground only to realise it was ME who put him there was priceless.

Playing smart is as important as playing hard.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

If Claude Giroux was 6 ft 5 he would be the best forward.

If Brad Marchand was 6 ft 4 he would win the scoring race.....every season.

If Halak was 6 ft 6 he would be the best goalie of all time.

;)

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass

;)

If Crosby was 5'9" he would be a stick wielding rat?

Am I doing this right?

Reactions: Krupp

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If Crosby was 5'9" he would be a stick wielding rat?

Am I doing this right?
dont ask me.....ask the guy who went down this road. ;)

But no....I dont think you got it right. He was taking a great player and adding significant height and weight. Then imagining how great they would then be.
Not shrinking them by 2 inches, as you did.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I was on the small size too. Played sports all my life. Never once was told "you are too small to be any good"

Never heard anyone actually say that to me or to anyone player. Not once.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I was on the small size too. Played sports all my life. Never once was told "you are too small to be any good"

Never heard anyone actually say that to me or to anyone player. Not once.

Well I must be lying then. Thanks for pointing that out.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

;)

Do you have some sort of problem that makes you keep coming over to the Bruins board??

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Do you have some sort of problem that makes you keep coming over to the Bruins board??
I follow the entire NHL. Both my brothers are Bruin fans and I find the team FAR more interesting than the team Molson and Bergevin have ruined.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I follow the entire NHL. Both my brothers are Bruin fans and I find the team FAR more interesting than the team Molson and Bergevin have ruined.

Your post seem a bit antagonistic. I'd watch my step. Nobody was talking about Giroux or Marchand, or anybody but Krug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->