Post-Game Talk: Game 49 - Penguins Roasting On An Open Fire - BRUINS 4 Pittsburgh 1 FINAL

aguineapig

Good win,entertaining game
All aboard the Kuhlman train!
Kit Karson is a (Minnesota-Duluth) Bulldog for sure, he looks like he's been working out while injured, his neck looks as thick as his noggin'.He ain't Kovy, but he's a 110 percenter and his best is yet to come. Krug was like the little kid on the playground that had enough and wasn't going to take it no more. Good for him, it's not his role but it's call leadership and setting an example.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
First game ever with the new girl.

Bought me Guinness and fed me shepherd's pie.

Big win and she loved Torey fighting, think I got a keeper.
75CAqBM.jpg

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Wilson would be a more horrifying result than Pierre Bouchard. Like career ending (which basically was the case with Bouchard).

Great fight by SJ.
All due respect to Bouchard. This was the pairs third fight of the game. Bouchard getting the decision in the first two.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Nice response to the criticism they obviously heard from media and fans. It was really good to see Krug stand up for himself - he has the heart of a lion. Halak was amazing and back to his old self, I had my doubts when that first shot went in but he shut the door after that. The video for Tuukka was great and I'm glad he was there to celebrate. Hopefully that means he will go on his vacation symptom free, ready to come back where he left off.

Pasta...he makes me so proud. What an outstanding young man he is, I have loved him from day one and he just keeps growing in character and talent. We are very lucky to have him in a Bruins sweater - he loves the game and his teammates.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A prime Stan Jonathan would twist Wilson's head off like a bottle cap. Wilson would be a bloody heap on the ice in seconds (and Stan would still be punching him).

Indeed he would, Wilson is a hay-maker king, some of the toughest and best fighters in the past were dudes who literally stood in there and chucked em. They squared up, they didn`t flail around and IMO, the overwhelming majority of them could take a good hard punch, let`s not forget, most of these guys wear a visor, essentially only have their face is exposed in a scrap compared to back then

Reaves is a guy who I think would do fine vs some of the classic scrappers only because he is typically in control of his body, doesn`t go into hay-maker mode

Anyways, been a good long time since we have seen our boys play with focus for pretty much 60 minutes. There will always be stretches in a game where the opponent has solid zone time but I felt the B`s kept most of that time along the perimeter and when called on, outside of the 1st goal, Halak made the saves he hasn`t been making lately

Good solid win

Reactions: bruins19

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Great fight by SJ.
All due respect to Bouchard. This was the pairs third fight of the game. Bouchard getting the decision in the first two.

Complete horseshit, it was 6 minutes into the game. If they had fought twice before, both would still be in the box. In fact, they had never fought before, this game or any other.

Care to try again?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Complete horse****, it was 6 minutes into the game. If they had fought twice before, both would still be in the box. In fact, they had never fought before, this game or any other.

Care to try again?
My bad.

I was sure I read it was third fight and that Stan settled it with this beat down.

Thanks for rectifying

Cheers

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's a myth. The President's trophy winner has a better winning percentage than any other finishing spot. They don't win more often than the rest of the field, but they win more often than any other seed.
last time they won ?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
last time they won ?

Chicago, 2013.

Since the trophy has been in existence (85-86), the winner has won the Cup 8 times. So in 23 seasons, the President's Trophy winner wins 34.7% of the time. All else being equal, it should win 6.2% of the time.

Reactions: 17of26

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Wilson would be a more horrifying result than Pierre Bouchard. Like career ending (which basically was the case with Bouchard).

Wow. Never seen this one before. Times definitely have changed!

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I think games like this proves it's not about being big, but having tenaciousness in hitting. Don't let up. You don't have to flatten people, but every now and then you'll catch them at the right angle and it'll affect their play. Crosby was barely noticed after the first minutes of the game execpt for a small spurt in the third.

This game also tells me how much losing Wagner going into the finals last year was such a huge loss against St. Louis.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->