Yet another poll

• The People's Front of Judea

• Judean People's Front

Results are only viewable after voting.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I believe it's at the acquiring team's discretion whether the NTC is voided once waived and that it is almost exclusively voided as a result. I suppose it's possible that we were not on his NT List. Though I tend to just assume that players demand NTCs specifically to block trades to us.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I believe it's at the acquiring team's discretion whether the NTC is voided once waived and that it is almost exclusively voided as a result. I suppose it's possible that we were not on his NT List. Though I tend to just assume that players demand NTCs specifically to block trades to us.

From what I've heard, we're not exactly a frequent mention on no-trade lists. On the other hand, a lot of the Canadian teams typically are.

I don't have a source for this, so take it as you will.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't think that we trade anyone this year. I know, we always trade somebody, no. It's not that I'm satisfied with the roster, far from it.

I am very satisfied with the level of play of our bottom 6 forwards. It makes no sense to me to trade one bottom 6 for another at this point. We aren't going to get a top 6 player by trading Reider and Richardson.

We might as well sit tight and let Perlini, Fischer, Domi and Keller grow into top 6 forwards, let Dvo grow into a 2nd or 1st line center and hold our collective noses and put Strome on the roster praying that he isn't a bust.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
From what I've heard, we're not exactly a frequent mention on no-trade lists. On the other hand, a lot of the Canadian teams typically are.

I don't have a source for this, so take it as you will.
We aren't on many no trade lists because Scottsdale is a great place to live. Single players have to love it here because the females in scottsdale are so much better looking by far then almost anywhere else. The vets with families get to have their wife and kids live in a warm area fall/winter/spring while they are traveling, and then they can go some place cooler in the summer. Many players retire and live in scottsdale too even when they ended their careers elsewhere.

As a player, if you have been here long enough, like OEL, you might be sick of losing and want out. UFA's sign where they get paid and we don't have to outbid Canada teams to land players. Players think teams can turn it around quickly, so our continual losing doesn't dissuade players from being here. Look at Colorado and Vegas, they have had instant success.

If we could pay equal money, I think we would be a top 10 destination for players even with our record the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad