GDT: Game 49: Avs vs Predators | 1 PM MT | January 21, 2019 | I Have a Dream of Consecutive Wins

Who'd you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think they had at least one. The day before the Kings game iirc. Edit: I don't remember who talked about it but it was one of the players after that game. Again, not sure it was the Kings game but I think it was.
They did? News to me but it's also not that important because they actually played well even in most of their losses. There is only so much you can do when your goalies having trouble to crack even the below mediocre .900 number.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
They did? News to me but it's also not that important because they actually played well even in most of their losses. There is only so much you can do when your goalies having trouble to crack the even the mediocre .900 number.
One of the players said something like "We had a team meeting yesterday." Might be it wasn't without the coach, though.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm pretty sure Landy mentioned it as well. He said they talked and aired some things and it went well. Don't have a link though.

James G

Jan 1, 2018
The point is watch that play again and tell which you think was a more egregious mistake. When someone asks you who was more at fault on that goal I sure as **** hope you don't say Cole just as much as Varly. Just about every NHL goalie cuts off wraparound plays 99 out of 100 times. How many has Varly let in this year? Bednar is a bizarre coach, certain players can keep on not executing but as soon as a guy like Z has a bad few games he comments on it publicly and benches him for entire games. I just think he's a bit out of his league in some areas.

And my point is - Very simply - I can’t imagine he’s looking to lay sole blame on a goaltender, given recent performance. I’m certain you/most get that. In any other circumstance I’d agree with you.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not the dramatic closed-door-right-after-a-bad-loss kind I don't think, but one of the players alluded to a meeting of sorts in an interview recently, I can't remember who.

Well they've had a shit ton of those lately, so why not? No team meeting is solving these issues. At some point I don't even blame the player because if you lived in the realm of futility how motivated would you be? I've actually been quite impressed they've put up some dominant games from start to finish in losses going back to Calgary. I mean they played 60 knowing they were getting boned, and then did it again, and then had a rough night, and then did it again, and they just keep getting boned over and over with nothing being done about it.

I'm sorry but I've been in situations designed to erode your motivation, and kill your spirits. Those emotions are finite and they run out at a certain point. These guys are not SERE trained. They're high paid athletes which is great, but they're not mentally prepared to go against futile situations and still see hope. I'm sure if all of them came from low income families, and were war vets we'd see a different level of fight but that isn't what we're dealing with. It also isn't the level of character management should expect from them without some action on their own part.

Like I said, I've been impressed with their fight through adversity, but at some point it becomes difficult to hold out hope, and that is something the most trained have to learn to accept and mange. These guys are no where near the most trained for that lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad