Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - THE BEAR has the Happy Blues - BRUINS 5 St. Louis 2 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If Cehlarik can keep this up we won't need a top 6 winger. We would just need a gritty, playoff ready third line centre to replace JFK. Trade some combo of B pieces like JFK/Zboril/2nd for Schenn. If that's not enough for STL target someone else.

Keep in mind teams will start having video of him

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’ve had enough of Moore. Trying to figure out what positives he brings, these days.

Can’t seem to figure out his game. Mobility? ...and? Ehh.

He’s basic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just wondering where all the tuukka haters went after the first 4-6 games. Everyone chirping that halak should be the starter has been real quiet.

Do we need to pull the Receipts?

Still a small sample size on cehlarik obviously but he looks infinitely better than his first few stints, even getting secondary scoring out of backes and Wagner tonight.

Wouldn’t mind going out and getting a legit 2nd pairing RW still tho and moving cehlarik to a 3rd line role, especially if donato is missing time.

Thought they played well against the flyers and should have won, just got bad goaltending from halak and should have finished more opportunities. But solidify the top 6 and move cehlarik down and bench backes or acciari and this team can gain momentum.

Last edited:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
...and just when i thought we were out, Backes pulls us back in...

2nd line is alive again.

We have excellent 4th line.

Charlie was very good, Chara got better in the 2nd half of the game.

Carlo.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
One thing is for sure, the second line is looking great. The best it has all season and Chelarik is a big reason why. Also Krejci is on fire right now. 3 assists for him tonight.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
moore is the 7th best defenseman on this team, at least IMO. he still makes some questionable decisions
with the puck that i don't like, but a solid and serviceable 4-5 guy. this defense is really good. and carlo?
guy is blossoming. 15-20 points a year doesn't even bother me the way he's playing. maybe it'll save us
a few bucks.

Miller is the 7th best D, but he's a right-shot and Cassidy favorite.

He's usually fairly solid for a few games, then tosses up a stinker where you just shake your head at some of his decisions. Last night was one of the those games. Last Saturday in Toronto was another. The Bruins shut-out the Leafs if not for Miller. In the span of two shifts he was the main cause of two goals against. First goal he couldn't make a simple break out pass and made an egregious turnover and the Leafs kept the puck in a scored. Next shift he took a penalty and they scored on the PP.

People get all giddy with his hits but that's not the be-all end-all. He's a better fighter than he gets credit for.

That's not to say he's a bad D-man, or that he needs to go, but I see no reason for him to be immune to sitting out a game at time like Moore and Gryz have done.

Reactions: Estlin

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Miller is the 7th best D, but he's a right-shot and Cassidy favorite.

He's usually fairly solid for a few games, then tosses up a stinker where you just shake your head at some of his decisions. Last night was one of the those games. Last Saturday in Toronto was another. The Bruins shut-out the Leafs if not for Miller. In the span of two shifts he was the main cause of two goals against. First goal he couldn't make a simple break out pass and made an egregious turnover and the Leafs kept the puck in a scored. Next shift he took a penalty and they scored on the PP.

People get all giddy with his hits but that's not the be-all end-all. He's a better fighter than he gets credit for.

That's not to say he's a bad D-man, or that he needs to go, but I see no reason for him to be immune to sitting out a game at time like Moore and Gryz have done.

Yep, he's come a long way since that 1-9 home loss against the Kings few years ago.

Reactions: BruinDust

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I’ve had enough of Moore. Trying to figure out what positives he brings, these days.

Can’t seem to figure out his game. Mobility? ...and? Ehh.

He’s basic.

I feel the same way about Miller. Give me what Moore bring any day over the occasional big hit and consistent boneheaded plays Miller brings every game. Moore was arguably the best D man for long stretches this season

Not sure why that sat him it was a dumb move.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If Cehlarik can keep this up we won't need a top 6 winger. We would just need a gritty, playoff ready third line centre to replace JFK. Trade some combo of B pieces like JFK/Zboril/2nd for Schenn. If that's not enough for STL target someone else.

I dont think Debrusk is ready for top 6.
We need a first line RW or second line RW or we will not make it past round 2.
Either a winger to go with bergy and march, then we can put P
asta on line 2. or get a winger to play with cehlarik and Krejci

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
One thing is for sure, the second line is looking great. The best it has all season and Chelarik is a big reason why. Also Krejci is on fire right now. 3 assists for him tonight.

alot of us have been saying all season Krejci would start playing good if they just put Cehlarik on his wing. I just dont understand why it took so long. We could be easily in second place with points to spare if Cehl;arik started the season on the club

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I dont think Debrusk is ready for top 6.
We need a first line RW or second line RW or we will not make it past round 2.
Either a winger to go with bergy and march, then we can put P
asta on line 2. or get a winger to play with cehlarik and Krejci

Ask leafs fans what they think of Jake DeBrusk and if he is top 6 or not.

Jake Debrusk is absolutely a "Top 6 winger".

But I still don't think he's a good fit for David Krejci's line.

I'd like to see them get a winger to go with 22-46. And let Debrusk be the focal point of his own scoring line, similar to Kessel in Pitts back in 2016 and 2017. .

Reactions: wintersej

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Amateur hour at the Garden last night. A STH friend has had tickets for 11 years. He's from St Louis and when the Blues are in town, he wears a Blues jersey but is a Bruins fan otherwise. Never has had a problem before. Last night, a Bruins fan dumped a beer on him when the Blues scored.

Going to the Garden is really starting to lose the allure for me. I'm sure I could put the $5k/year we spend on tickets to better use but I have a hard time giving them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad