GDT: Game 48: Sharks vs. Canucks 7:30pm NBCSCA Will they score a goal?

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
teal is just taking some time to figure some things out and establishing some clear boundaries to make it clear that they deserve to be treated with respect

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
One day, Jaden Halbgewachs just disappeared and never came back so the same thing probably happened with the Teal jerseys. Just seems like one of those things that happens from time to time during the Boughner regime.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
One day, Jaden Halbgewachs just disappeared and never came back so the same thing probably happened with the Teal jerseys. Just seems like one of those things that happens from time to time during the Boughner regime.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I can't even give away tickets to tonight's game...

That’s why I laugh when people say that if we trade Hertl or tank/rebuild attendance will plummet. It’s going to regardless until this team becomes a contender again. Unfortunately, re-signing Hertl doesn’t put us any closer to being one again.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
The Sharks rebuilding plan is actually to phase out teal and make their jerseys and colors look vaguely similar to the Kings, Canucks, Lightning, Ducks, Knights. That way they'll give off the look of a team that's in the thick of things. It'll take at least 10 games of off-and-on performances before fans think twice about the team's actual abilities. But there'll already be 10 games of money in la banc. And the broadcast and PR will plant ideas to give the team another chance.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I noticed that the black jerseys that Canada was wearing at the Olympics were repeatedly called the "stealth" jerseys by the broadcasters. And then they crapped out in the quarterfinals. If this doesn't establish the pattern that black jerseys with a "stealth" moniker are cursed, I don't know what will. Because no matter what anyone might say, 2 data points are a pattern :sarcasm:

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. War is peace. Sharks hockey.

Reactions: tealzamboni and Cas

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Maybe Raska went looking for him hence his disappearance, although it makes sense considering Lane's just been too good to take out of the lineup.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
That’s why I laugh when people say that if we trade Hertl or tank/rebuild attendance will plummet. It’s going to regardless until this team becomes a contender again. Unfortunately, re-signing Hertl doesn’t put us any closer to being one again.

Yup. Unless Hasso wants to finance it, the team very well might get moved due to unsustainable financial performance before a proper rebuild is completed. Good or bad, San Jose is a transient market (meaning there are lots of people who live/work here who are not from here and will ultimately not remain here long-term) and the transients don't have the patience for a rebuild.

Many armchair GM's don't seem to understand this.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Yup. Unless Hasso wants to finance it, the team very well might get moved due to unsustainable financial performance before a proper rebuild is completed. Good or bad, San Jose is a transient market (meaning very few people who live/work here are from here or will ultimately remain here long-term) and the transients don't have the patience for a rebuild.

Many armchair GM's don't seem to understand this.
I mean, whether or not the org is posturing about winning, the fans clearly know they're not good enough. They can talk all they want, but it's not going to make much of a difference until they actually start winning again on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad