GDT: Game 48: Coyotes vs Toronto - 5pm - The Nobody Remembered To Make A GDT Edition

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I still would have liked to see the Coyote's sign a couple of free agent centers each July to decent contracts and trade them at deadline, rinse and repeat while stocking the cupboards.

Reactions: Jakey53 and _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don’t think there’s a market for Oesterle. Panik might fetch a mid-to-late-rounder if we retain salary.

Yeah, I guess all we can do is sit tight and hope that we 1) win the 1st overall lottery and 2) hope Jack Hughes is a hell of a lot more NHL-ready than he looked in Vancouver over the Holidays.
I actually had a dream last night that we won the lotto, and I was involved in the discussion on who to take. We turned down an offer to trade down to three (Burke was on the phone. I know he's not a GM today), and that was fine. Wasn't a particularly great offer. Then Chayka wanted Seider 1 ov and everyone in the room was uncomfortable, and trying to suggest other names. We finally got him to consider Kakko (he kept saying Ekko), but he wanted no part of Hughes. I felt sick to my stomach. So I help convince him to at least trade down to three, and then we have more time to talk him out of Seider and atleast get something to move down. And he's trying to get Burke back on the phone and we're all panicked because there is only 45 seconds left on the clock, and we've got to complete a trade.
And then I woke up literally sick to my stomach with angst.

No more late night pizza for me.

Feb 12, 2003
I still would have liked to see the Coyote's sign a couple of free agent centers each July to decent contracts and trade them at deadline, rinse and repeat while stocking the cupboards.
That is my biggest critique of what Chayka has done. If the season doesn't go as expected there are not many options to improve the team by recouping losses at the trade deadline. We have a guy or two that might return a little something at the deadline this year, but the Coyotes are hardly in a position to acquire assets unless they move some guys with term left. Especially this year when you could have said Strome was still on that line of whether he would be a full time NHLer, etc.

I prefer when rookies take jobs away from vets at camp, but some players were given unearned opportunities. You have to give just enough room that someone can come in and force you to alter your roster to fit them in.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I wanted two of Nelson, Brodziak, Winnik, Calvert, Filppula, Rask, etc to swing between C/W and that was when I thought we'd have Strome and Dvo. We need more legitimate NHLers, and C's are always in demand if we end up needing to dump one eventually.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Fun game, some tense moments but the boys held on.
Wife said I was getting a lot of double looks, and 1 drunk guy was making fun of my jersey....lol, tears so salty.

I had popcorn thrown on me while I was at a urinal when I went in 2010. Guy said "this isn't Hamilton" yuk, yuk, yuk...

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I'm not sure that would help them much. He occasionally plays well defensively, but usually makes more mistakes than strong defensive plays :(

They already have 10x better version of Golikoski in Rielly, doubt that they would be interested in Goose.

Their need is top pairing RHD, we don't have that

It was a joke. Nobody wants that turnover machine. That’s why I put the :sarcasm:

Reactions: FinnishCoyote

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If you planned it right, you could get from the EV to a VGK game almost as fast as you could get to a weeknight game at GRA.

that might be a stretch (is there a discount airline that flies from Gateway Airport to Vegas? - answer Yes, Allegiant), but from where I live I could almost get to a Roadrunners game as fast, although I'd have to hope for no cops on I-10 en route down there.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
If you live by Mesa Gateway, just hop on that Allegient flight. 30 min in the airport. 1 hour 6 minutes to LAS. 15 minutes in an Uber to the game. Add 15 minutes for delays or walking or whatever - about 2 hours.

Queen Creek to GRA in rush hour - 1.5 hours? 2 hours if there is an accident?

Just messing around but it could happen. There are definitely parts of the EV that are closer to the Roadrunners. That will change with the south mountain bypass though.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
It was a joke. Nobody wants that turnover machine. That’s why I put the :sarcasm:
Yeah yeah, me too (joking). I should have interspersed more smilies, but they are so passe. At present, any post I read that includes a smiley, I see as joking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad