GDT: Game 48: Coyotes vs Toronto - 5pm - The Nobody Remembered To Make A GDT Edition

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I mean every elite player such as himself goes through cold streaks, but there's definitely something off about his attitude. Perhaps Babcock really isn't the guy Matthews needs in his ear.
That's what I've written for awhile. Today's Nhl'er just isn't as interested in being Babcock'ed as they were 10 years ago. It seems He's lost Matthews in record time.

Reactions: CLW and Muppet

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You won't be determining where I post. So you named all players they drafted but 2. And then give examples of 3 on entry level deals and one on a great contract?? So that leaves Tavares and Marleau like I said. You write BS expect to get called on it.

I've got no problem being called out. But you knew what I meant by that post. I should have went with have and will be spending a lot of money. But, the post was clear in what was being delivered. Torontos Roster as opposed to what Arizona currently is, should have been a blow out. But, then again we also put up 7 on Tampa and beat them to.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Toronto’s D sucks. Let’s doing them a solid by sending them Goligoski for any of their top 6 forwards. :sarcasm:

I'm not sure that would help them much. He occasionally plays well defensively, but usually makes more mistakes than strong defensive plays :(

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Toronto’s D sucks. Let’s doing them a solid by sending them Goligoski for any of their top 6 forwards. :sarcasm:

They already have 10x better version of Golikoski in Rielly, doubt that they would be interested in Goose.

Their need is top pairing RHD, we don't have that

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
22 wins, 26 losses.

We'll be sitting in a wild card spot before we get to .500.

:cheers: to a big win on the way to .500!

Thanks to the wonders of NHL overtime rules, we have captured exactly half of the points available, which puts us at .500 in the standings. :nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I honestly don't know what it is but I have never seen him as comfortable in Toronto. I have said before it could just be his personality but he always looks "off" to me. I doubt he enjoys Babcock's 24/7 intensity, who would?? His last few games might have been the most disconnected I have seen Matthews.
I agree. I have never seen him so invisible as today.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Fun fact from the post game stats.....

Tavares has more goals this year than the four Coyotes who scored tonight........ combined. :biglaugh:
True, but his salary is over 4 times more then all of them combined so he should have at least 4 times as many goals:)

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
True, but his salary is over 4 times more then all of them combined so he should have at least 4 times as many goals:)

Wait, I thought that was just how the CBA worked?

There is more to the game than points though. This has more to do with the salary structure in the CBA. ELC's are way under paid, RFA's are under paid, and UFA's or anyone approaching UFA status are over paid. Its a pay for performance structure but within your bracket, so you can't compare performance numbers with players in different brackets. Goose was a UFA, and Stepan is are only Top 2C, his production is down this year but his overall play is solid. Keller and Schmaltz are way under paid, sacrificial lambs of the CBA:)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I've got no problem being called out. But you knew what I meant by that post. I should have went with have and will be spending a lot of money. But, the post was clear in what was being delivered. Torontos Roster as opposed to what Arizona currently is, should have been a blow out. But, then again we also put up 7 on Tampa and beat them to.
I thought you meant they spent a lot of big money on a lot if big names when you wrote those words? I guess 2 players are a lot and big money is the Stepan dollars??? Tavares is the only bug money contract the Leaf's went ours and signed. If you want to count homegrown Nylander well you are about to get one of those as well in AZ.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Is this the right room for an argument?

Screen-Shot-2016-09-21-at-14.56.31-e1474466339387.jpeg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It’s a tough season. With these crazy injuries to key players, how do we know what to do in the off-season? Or at the trade deadline? Apart from first line players, what do we know for sure we’re lacking? Apart from better luck with injuries and an all-star forward or two, no idea what the right moves are to get better.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It’s a tough season. With these crazy injuries to key players, how do we know what to do in the off-season? Or at the trade deadline? Apart from first line players, what do we know for sure we’re lacking? Apart from better luck with injuries and an all-star forward or two, no idea what the right moves are to get better.
If I was in charge I would shed expiring contracts that have value for assets. Thinking possibly Panik and Oesterle?? I would not worry about any short term rentals as we need the cupboards full. I would however be willing to pay for a number 1 center with term as I think that is the Coyote's number 1 need. No ideas what I would be willing to give up??? I would trade expiring contracts every year unless I really felt my team had a legitimate chance at winning Cup. I would also buy a few rentals every summer to make this move.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If I was in charge I would shed expiring contracts that have value for assets. Thinking possibly Panik and Oesterle?? I would not worry about any short term rentals as we need the cupboards full. I would however be willing to pay for a number 1 center with term as I think that is the Coyote's number 1 need. No ideas what I would be willing to give up??? I would trade expiring contracts every year unless I really felt my team had a legitimate chance at winning Cup. I would also buy a few rentals every summer to make this move.
I don’t think there’s a market for Oesterle. Panik might fetch a mid-to-late-rounder if we retain salary.

Yeah, I guess all we can do is sit tight and hope that we 1) win the 1st overall lottery and 2) hope Jack Hughes is a hell of a lot more NHL-ready than he looked in Vancouver over the Holidays.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don’t think there’s a market for Oesterle. Panik might fetch a mid-to-late-rounder if we retain salary.

Yeah, I guess all we can do is sit tight and hope that we 1) win the 1st overall lottery and 2) hope Jack Hughes is a hell of a lot more NHL-ready than he looked in Vancouver over the Holidays.
You might find a team with little D depth That's in the mix right now willing to give up a pick but you are probably right?? Thinking maybe Leafs or similar who realky don't have much D. A 3rd or 4th rounder is better than nothing??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad