GDT: Game 48: Coyotes vs Toronto - 5pm - The Nobody Remembered To Make A GDT Edition

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I can't believe we won that. Leafs dominated probably 45 of the 60 mins, but we scored when it mattered. Kuemper was lights out, throw the belt at him immediately.

Reactions: _Del_ and Pomee

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
***Dermott
**Kuemper
*Panik

Goligoski/Oesterle were the epitome of the phrase bend but don't break in this game.

Matthews sucks :sarcasm:

He's been in a funk for a while. First time I've actually watched him this season and he's way off what he looked like last season.

Reactions: Pomee

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed that win. Partly because I cannot stand half of the Leaf fans on this board and partly because they have spent a lot of money on a lot of big names and we come rolling in with our line up and double em up.

Keep er moving!
Big money on big names??? 2 guys signed as free agents in last few years. The other stuff is right.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I can't believe we won that. Leafs dominated probably 45 of the 60 mins, but we scored when it mattered. Kuemper was lights out, throw the belt at him immediately.
We outshot them, I don't think we were outplayed, it was pretty close actually. This team is starting too look consistently good, hope it continues. Good D, good goal tending, solid forecheck, timely goals:)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Big money on big names??? 2 guys signed as free agents in last few years. The other stuff is right.

Bud, I am not really sure why you hang around here. Pound sand over to the Leafs board. When you have a roster that consists of:

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Tavares

(All big names and all are or will be paid big money)

To a lesser extant

Kadri
Kappenen
Marleau

You should be bagging a team like Arizona.

I am not sure why you hang around here, you bring nothing to the table and act as Matthews agent.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
While Matthews had some good looks, all he did was float around aimlessly without the puck. He looked totally disinterested unless he had the puck on his stick, and even then he was firing them into the nosebleeds.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Bud, I am not really sure why you hang around here. Pound sand over to the Leafs board. When you have a roster that consists of:

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Tavares

(All big names and all are or will be paid big money)

To a lesser extant

Kadri
Kappenen
Marleau

You should be bagging a team like Arizona.

I am not sure why you hang around here, you bring nothing to the table and act as Matthews agent.
You won't be determining where I post. So you named all players they drafted but 2. And then give examples of 3 on entry level deals and one on a great contract?? So that leaves Tavares and Marleau like I said. You write BS expect to get called on it.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We outshot them, I don't think we were outplayed, it was pretty close actually. This team is starting too look consistently good, hope it continues. Good D, good goal tending, solid forecheck, timely goals:)

I thought Toronto looked fabulous.

I can't believe my eyes when I read them talking down their own team.

Regarding the shots: the big amount of blocked shots makes the shot-statistics look like Toronto were outshot.

But it sure didn't feel like it.

If Toronto (that other Toronto) had called back Kempes goal, it would have ended 7-1 to the home team, IMHO.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
While Matthews had some good looks, all he did was float around aimlessly without the puck. He looked totally disinterested unless he had the puck on his stick, and even then he was firing them into the nosebleeds.
He's been like that for awhile, somethings off in that relationship???

Reactions: Jakey53

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
He's been like that for awhile, somethings off in that relationship???

I mean every elite player such as himself goes through cold streaks, but there's definitely something off about his attitude. Perhaps Babcock really isn't the guy Matthews needs in his ear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad