GDT: Game 48 - CBJ vs CAR - 16 Jan, 7pm, @Nat

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Watched the game on tv, Bem's goal made me hopeful we would really get it going tonight. For a 3-2 win that was a very tough game to watch. My cheering slowed down when I realized the Canes were spending the period in our zone peppering ELVIS. Bottom line, thanks Elvis for saving the game.. a 4 point win. Elvis is very good.. please don't wake him up. Go Jackets!!!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The goal by Bemstrom gives me hope that he can be a consistent/solid goal scorer in the future. That was a Panarinesque shot.

He is best in open ice, hopefully he sees/finds more of it.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just finished watching the game.... wow, great win by the boys. Huge confidence booster.

Very happy for Atkinson to contribute right away.
And Captain Fligs with his first goal in awhile.

Wins like this remind me of why I love the Blue Jackets.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Yeah that was a cute experiment but we should put Milano in for Lilja

baffled to see Lilja had more TOI than Gerbs.

I don't care who we are playing or where on this continent we are playing, in no way, shape, or form should Lilja ever have more TOI than Gerbe.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I was about to say Niederreiter would make a good fit on the Jackets at the TDL, but then I saw his 5.25 mil/year cap hit. yeahhhhh. hard pass.

I keep refreshing the NHL App standings because it feels so damn good to see us in a playoff spot even if we are 4 months away from the playoffs. This team is hawtttt. and Torts is doing a hell of a job. Elvis is proving why he was one of the most talked about (for the better) goalie prospects before making his NHL debut. kid poses potential and it's a thing of beauty to see him live up to it, and exceed it, game after game.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Although the refs were letting them play and not calling the ticky-tack penalties, they didn't do anything blatently stupid and end up in the box at crucial times. They have been playing pretty disciplined hockey as of late.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What strikes me most about Elvis is how relaxed he looks, the economy of movement. He looks so confident, in control of the situation, even when there is semi-mayhem in front of him. He just seems to be going about his business following the play and ready to do whatever he needs to do at any moment. Korpie has done a great job too. But sometimes it feels like he is fighting the flow of the game, leaping and diving around, lots of twitch and nervous energy. But with Elvis it seems like he is telling the team "relax, I got this, don't worry about it". I know I feel relaxed and confident watching how he goes about doing his job.

Reactions: Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So I don’t see them keeping this pace for the rest of the season. I’m hoping the go sad l scoring starts to show up to even things out

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
UNSUSTAINABLE!!!

Well, it really is:laugh:

I mean, the team is at least shooting 10+% in that time (though their shot % at 5v5 is still around 8%).

I would not rely on league-best goaltending for half a season to get you to the playoffs. Hopefully Atkinson & Bjorkstrand, plus a non-Carlsson/Harrington defender can remedy some of that. This team is absolutely outplaying their shot share / possession metrics during this stretch and it's almost entirely because of the goalies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What strikes me most about Elvis is how relaxed he looks, the economy of movement. He looks so confident, in control of the situation, even when there is semi-mayhem in front of him. He just seems to be going about his business following the play and ready to do whatever he needs to do at any moment. Korpie has done a great job too. But sometimes it feels like he is fighting the flow of the game, leaping and diving around, lots of twitch and nervous energy. But with Elvis it seems like he is telling the team "relax, I got this, don't worry about it". I know I feel relaxed and confident watching how he goes about doing his job.

You've got your goalies mixed up.

IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad