GDT: Game 48: Avs vs Kings | 1 PM MT | January 19, 2019

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
After Nemeth's monster stats last season Bednar decided to decrease his numbers this season, probably because of Cole which is supposed to be a better version of Nemeth (I'm not saying he isn't). Some of you guys don't remember that Avs was actually a winning team when Nemeth was given a bigger role and more icetime last season.

Now when Nemeth finally is getting more icetime again (perhaps they realized he is valuable after all?) I feel a bit more hopeful for him and his future, we will see. Not sure if I have seen an Avs player like Nemeth in the history on this forum where people only point out when he is doing something wrong, it's laughable and making a lot of you looking really hmmm.... stupid?

It's really important the Avs keep winning now.

A really, really strange season this so far. MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog looking like the best line in the world but the team may not reach the playoffs anyway, are you kidding me??? I am super happy about Landeskog, this season is his real official breakthrough. Not sure if a Swedish and Finnish duo ever (in the history of hockey) have produced like Rantanen and Landeskog is doing together, it's also fun. Since I realized I have some "skogsfinne" DNA in my body myself I try to my best to be more friendly vs Finns, I blame myheritage.com for this mess.... Rantanen, I love you.

Oh, I wish the Avs would have got Lehner instead of Islanders even though I was unaware of Lehners hmmm personal "issues". ;-) Looks like Lehner is playing better sober and I love how Islanders is saving his career (and life), amazing. I do miss his temper outbursts and death stares because it is was fun but now I realize it wasn't his true self, the guy wasn't feeling well.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
After Nemeth's monster stats last season Bednar decided to decrease his numbers this season, probably because of Cole which is supposed to be a better version of Nemeth (I'm not saying he isn't). Some of you guys don't remember that Avs was actually a winning team when Nemeth was given a bigger role and more icetime last season.

Now when Nemeth finally is getting more icetime again (perhaps they realized he is valuable after all?) I feel a bit more hopeful for him and his future, we will see. Not sure if I have seen an Avs player like Nemeth in the history on this forum where people only point out when he is doing something wrong, it's laughable and making a lot of you looking really hmmm.... stupid?

It's really important the Avs keep winning now.

A really, really strange season this so far. MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog looking like the best line in the world but the team may not reach the playoffs anyway, are you kidding me??? I am super happy about Landeskog, this season is his real official breakthrough. Not sure if a Swedish and Finnish duo ever (in the history of hockey) have produced like Rantanen and Landeskog is doing together, it's also fun.

Oh, I wish the Avs would have got Lehner instead of Islanders even though I was unaware of Lehners hmmm personal "issues". ;-) Looks like Lehner is playing better sober and I love how Islanders is saving his career (and life), amazing.

Not our fault he does nothing right :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So which one is it? The goaltending that's been all to blame for the losses won them the game? Or the team in front of him played much better than they have been?

Neither. The team didn't play any different than they did against Winnipeg, Calgary, or Toronto on the road trip.

They just converted on the goals early and built up a large enough lead that by the mid point of the game it was over and LA had completely given up applying real pressure. It certainly wasn't goaltending that won us the game and the team didn't play any differently either. They carried the play from start until finish just like on the road trip.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Neither. The team didn't play any different than they did against Winnipeg, Calgary, or Toronto on the road trip.

They just converted on the goals early and built up a large enough lead that by the mid point of the game it was over and LA had completely given up applying real pressure. It certainly wasn't goaltending that won us the game and the team didn't play any differently either. They carried the play from start until finish just like on the road trip.

Goaltending may not have won the game, but it didn't hurt us either. The Winnipeg and Calgary games especially, were very winable if not for the sieves we call goalies. Both games the avs fought back and the goalies inabilities to make an opportune save killed them. Defensive brain farts didn't help, but they played well defensively as a team and the difference was some goals that simply shouldn't have happened.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Indeed. My entire point is that Bednar has this team playing pretty good 5 on 5 hockey right now. And hopefully the game against LA was also a sign of special teams sorting out its warts as well.

Goaltending is our biggest issue at the moment and has been for quite some time. Not our only issue, but the biggest

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Indeed. My entire point is that Bednar has this team playing pretty good 5 on 5 hockey right now. And hopefully the game against LA was also a sign of special teams sorting out its warts as well.

Goaltending is our biggest issue at the moment and has been for quite some time. Not our only issue, but the biggest

Why do you not quote people sometimes when responding? Or are you just quoting like the one or two people I have on ignore sometimes lol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why do you not quote people sometimes when responding? Or are you just quoting like the one or two people I have on ignore sometimes lol.

It's a pain in the ass when quoting on my phone so sometimes if I'm responding to the person directly above I just dont bother quoting lol. Especially if my response can be more broad and towards more than one person like my post above.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Except this didn't happen on the road trip. That was the problem.

They'd play well for the majority of games, then they'd have a 3 on 2 and Cole would leave his man wide open to take the puck carrier at the point for an easy pass and goal. Or they'd have a 2 on 2 and Barrie would just stop covering his man and leave them wide open beside the net for a goal. Or Kerfoot or someone else would turn the puck over at the blueline and they'd get pinned in the zone and give up a goal soon after like the old days. Or someone would take a dumb penalty and the PK wouldn't bail them out.

These preventable mistakes were happening in 5-10 minute spurts every game. They were padding the oppositions lead and putting games out of reach. They didn't have that 5-10 minute spurt in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad