GDT: Game 48: Avs vs Kings | 1 PM MT | January 19, 2019

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Sad I missed this one but so glad we won. Glad Rants is fine and hopefully EJ can get away with wearing a bird cage or isn’t out super long

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Today was the first time in a month that Girard had at least 3 SOG. It shouldn't have taken Bednar saying it publicly to get him going but maybe he'll be more aggressive now. Who cares if it's a muffin, keep throwing it at the net unless there's a better play. One point since the start of December for someone with his talent is a bit pathetic.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Pascal Leclaire once took a puck to the face while sitting on the bench as the backup goalie. Injury-prone players find ways to get injured. It's not just a perceived lack of durability, sometimes bad luck is involved too.

DiPietro decided to get in a fight, and ended up tearing something in his knee. Then later on that year, or next year, he took a puck to the dome in practice which left him concussed.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just got to watching the game.

1. Boy did we need that after coming off the road trip from hell. I thought the guys looked good all night. Still some things im seeing in the d zone that needs to be cleaned up if we are going to succeed but overall we were dominant.

2. Really thought Rants blew his groin on that second goal. You can see him grimacing as he got up in the corner. Hopefully the reports are accurate and that he is good to go monday but we've heard this sorta thing before. I'll believe hes playing when its official on monday.

3. Yah Z back there is huge for this team. Hes a scary guy to play against when you are carrying the puck towards his side of the rink. He keeps everyone on the opposition honest. Thought he played well.

4. Hopefully Johnson is not that hurt as hes been playing well for us of late and might be our most consistent dman for some weeks now. Huge blow if hes out for any extended time.

5. Soderberg had yet another monster game and its turning into quite the season for him. Loved his tenacity today.

6. Ian Cole might have been the only Avs player I didnt like today. Alot of stupid passes and overall just whatever. He wasnt his usual terrible self but he was the worse of the bunch next to Nieto I guess.

7. Didnt hate Varly today. Thought he made some decent saves when he needed to. He still looks off to me but hey after a month of shit goaltending good for him for only letting in one goal today.

8.Barrie had a newport happy day. Looked good overall and was moving the puck well.

9. Dries had himself a good game. Nice set of hands for that shorty.

10. Still think JTC should be on that second PP unit. Love him but that unit sorely needs him more than the top unit needs him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's good to know but I'm not a fan of headline stats with arbitrary conditions such as "the first 48 games" and "23 and younger". If you add enough conditions pretty much every player can beat (or match) a record every year.

But yeah, those are elite numbers regardless.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That's good to know but I'm not a fan of headline stats with arbitrary conditions such as "the first 48 games" and "23 and younger". If you add enough conditions pretty much every player can beat (or match) a record every year.

But yeah, those are elite numbers regardless.
Eh, I'm a numbers nerd. I love it.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
Maybe this game will be the yin yang effect with the 7-1 loss to Tampa bay? Now we’ll go on a hot streak

Also Kopitar has butthole eyes

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
133 pts in 48 games. You ****ing what...
Even with the debate that goaltending was poor at that time, that's still just unbelievable. Sure you get to play against standup goalers, but hockey is also a limited game that is only 60 minutes long. Being able to put up those numbers and not even in a full season is mind-boggling.

E: @RareDangles puts it into perspective that every single team was super top heavy so that makes it a bit more believable.

Reactions: RareDangles

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If we're talking about baby steps for Zadorov, the next one is to get faster in his decision making. His game would increase by so much if he's able to just speed up what he wants to do with the puck.

Maybe this game will be the yin yang effect with the 7-1 loss to Tampa bay? Now we’ll go on a hot streak

Also Kopitar has butthole eyes
That's a weird thing to say, you've studied enough buttholes in your life to give you enough confidence to make a statement like that? Lol.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
One thing that frustrates me with Zadorov is that he tends to make really soft passes if they’re d-d in our own zone, which is better than Barberio’s knee high slap shot, but it would be nice for a bit more heat behind them.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
One thing that frustrates me with Zadorov is that he tends to make really soft passes if they’re d-d in our own zone, which is better than Barberio’s knee high slap shot, but it would be nice for a bit more heat behind them.
My favourite thing about Z, is he looks like he wants to kill everyone, except he's too lazy to do it, and doesn't want to be forced to dummy someone

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Obviously skewed wth EJ getting hurt, and it being a blow out, but Zadorov led the team in ice time with 25 minutes. Still nice to see him take the lion’s share of the minutes instead of just Cole and Barrie.

It really looks like that injury and the time with the skills coach served him well.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Pascal Leclaire once took a puck to the face while sitting on the bench as the backup goalie. Injury-prone players find ways to get injured. It's not just a perceived lack of durability, sometimes bad luck is involved too.

I've always viewed injury proneness as being made of glass. Like Matthews and his shoulders or Varly and his groin. Can't take normal wear and tear of the NHL. Nothing you can do about a puck to the face.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I've always viewed injury proneness as being made of glass. Like Matthews and his shoulders or Varly and his groin. Can't take normal wear and tear of the NHL. Nothing you can do about a puck to the face.
Matthews is doing a great job not scoring without any injury help lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad