Long Beach Native

J513E5I.jpg

*Lineups unconfirmed.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Varly's save percentage has been trending upwards and did put up a .933 vs the Habs. Hopefully whats ever going on with him, Injury or confidence issues ends soon. I still think this slide continues until we get a very puck luck heavy game going our way. This teams mental focus is just seemingly really weak.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Varly's save percentage has been trending upwards and did put up a .933 vs the Habs. Hopefully whats ever going on with him, Injury or confidence issues ends soon. I still think this slide continues until we get a very puck luck heavy game going our way. This teams mental focus is just seemingly really weak.
I hope he gets better and we make the playoffs, but I’m still lost as to what is the best course of action with the whole goalie mess. What if he does reasonably well but doesn’t want to return?

Can you go into next season with two guys who haven’t proven a thing a risk losing another year? Honestly the season is trending downwards, see what he wants in term of contract, if he doesn’t respond in a manner you like trade him asap and use the rest of the season to further evaluate the other two. We aren’t doing jack this year either way.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Almost a guaranteed loss.

We won’t skate hard which is our only advantage over them.

Kings are going to pound us on the cycle and board battles all game long, just like they have for the past ten years.

Quick to show why he’s so much better than Varlamov.

4-1 Kings.

Reactions: JLo217

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Almost a guaranteed loss.

We won’t skate hard which is our only advantage over them.

Kings are going to pound us on the cycle and board battles all game long, just like they have for the past ten years.

Quick to show why he’s so much better than Varlamov.

4-1 Kings.
L.A. is garbage, and as long as we don't let in 4+ goals, there's no reason we lose this game, unless Quick steals it.

I hope Jost getting sent down wakes these guys up. Something has to give here, and I don't see MacKinnon & Co just laying down and continue to play their way into the basement.

Yes I've watched the last 20 games lol I am trying to be optimistic, which is getting much harder.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I was checking some of Colorado's advanced stats and it really does support the notion that goaltending is letting the team down. Colorado has climbed to 16th and 14th in the NHL in terms of CF% and FF%, which is considerably higher than what we have seen in recent years. Colorado is also 6th in the NHL in oZS%.

They seem to be tracking in the right direction, except for goaltending (24th in oiSV%) and FO% (CO is ranked 26th in the NHL). Of the bottom ten teams in the NHL in terms of oiSV%, I only noticed one team other than the Avs currently in the playoffs based on the rankings (San Jose).

I am not necessarily a fan of Bednar and I have plenty of criticisms of his decisions, but the advanced stat numbers are generally improving, in some cases dramatically. Of course, how much stock you put in some of those advanced stat categories may merit a separate discussion.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Shots shots shots! I'll be out a bit today but the drinks will be paid if the Avs earn them.

5 shots for a goal in the first 5 of a period.
1 shot per point from the top line.
3 shots per period our goalie doesn't let one in.
5 shots for a win.

Go Avs!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Kosty17

Jan 1, 2019
I think the Avs are going to come out flying tonight. No more taking these bottom teams lightly

Kosty17

Jan 1, 2019
I hope so. Kings aren't exactly known for their speed.

I think even tho we went 1-4 on the road trip they are learning from their mistakes and their play has been a lot better. Just need to start catching some breaks like the other teams do against us. Montreal game was a wash, but every team has bad games. Ottawa game, the whole team looked like they were ready to go home instead of playing hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad