Post-Game Talk: Game # 47 - Rangers vs Flyers - 7pm - MSG

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Maybe losing back to back to AV and then back to back to finish the season against Boston will piss Jeff Gorton off enough to make a change.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ezn49RyXsAINg3X

The first and third lines were worlds better but we lost so captain dimwit will switch them back.

I know it's not the be all end all but I'm shocked about Jones. I didn't feel he looked ready.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Honestly, pack it in for the rest of the year and see what you have in Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov, and Jones. Try Kravtsov at center to see if he can hack it or if the team needs to look out of house for an upgrade.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When your top 2 centers have results like that it's probably not gonna be the most fun game you watched

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Zibby. sure he has the talent. Sure he will show up against a weak goalie and defense and score at will. Like his buddy Kreider.
He will never do what big game Brass balls did in the playoffs for us.
we won't get value for him really so JG is gonna have to decide whether to sign him or not.
And he loses faceoff after faceoff after faceoff

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Bright side: Absolutely no excuse for not getting the kids as many opportunities as possible now.

Jones looks like he's going to be good, but he has some growing and learning to do for sure.
I'm still waiting to see if Gauthier can actually play a stretch of games without the fear of being scratched. See what we actually have with this kid. Maybe his a Josh Anderson lite. We probably will never know.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Bright side: Absolutely no excuse for not getting the kids as many opportunities as possible now.

Jones looks like he's going to be good, but he has some growing and learning to do for sure.
A small silver lining to Trouba getting hurt is that it lets the Rangers showcase Jones a bit to other teams. I don't think he's long for this organization and will be used as a piece to bring in an upgrade elsewhere.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Reliance on fancy hockey with zero soundness when it comes to the fundamentals

Lack of fundamentals has been Quinn's calling card since he took over. But sure, let's hire another coach to help Quinn sort things out so he can sit in the driver seat and honk the horn, mix up lines and pretend he knows what he is doing. It's pointless, but some people seem to take a perverse pleasure in it, good for them I guess.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Zibby. sure he has the talent. Sure he will show up against a weak goalie and defense and score at will. Like his buddy Kreider.
He will never do what big game Brass balls did in the playoffs for us.
we won't get value for him really so JG is gonna have to decide whether to sign him or not.
And he loses faceoff after faceoff after faceoff
Zibanejad was one our best players on our last playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad