Post-Game Talk: Game # 47 - Rangers vs Flyers - 7pm - MSG

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
This whole board looked at the lineup before the game, saw we had one pair and somehow was like "yeah, we're gonna dominate here and the only way we lose is if we don't try hard"
They also looked at the other team that has a lost head coach and a roster that mailed it in weeks ago. Yet they put on a clinic.

Reactions: bl02 and Sayba

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You just can't survive on fancy east-west passing plays. There must be some net crashing and shooting for rebound chances, there's gotta be some funneling towards the goalmouth. This shit is as fundamental and basic as time itself. ...

And yet the players aren't doing that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Islanders have two shutouts in regulation in the last three games and a 6 spot in the game in between. This team fell apart once the going got tough. A team with no leadership and is soft mentally.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If there’s any solace in these last few games of the season it’s that I feel confident saying i’ll probably never have to suffer through a Howden/Hajek game again after this year

Unreal how bad those two are

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They also looked at the other team that has a lost head coach and a roster that mailed it in weeks ago. Yet they put on a clinic.
Lol no they didn't. They skated around aimlessly and then scored on two deflections.

It was certainly a boring game, and it certainly looked like David Quinn coaching against Alain Vigneault, but it wasn't that bad. Tuesday was that bad.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
If there’s any solace in these last few games of the season it’s that I feel confident saying i’ll probably never have to suffer through a Howden/Hajek game again after this year

I can live with Hajek as a third-pair LD, but Howden is just awful.

Gorton should make a shirt reading, "I traded my #1 defenseman and a top-6 F and all I got was a late-first round pick"

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
DDF0CCD1-BC07-42D9-B446-D2F1026E16DD.jpeg

tankathon!!!!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers' PK against the Flyers this year has been embarrassingly bad. I feel like we must have lost at least 4 points just because of that. Elite PK overall but go derp whenever they play the Flyers who I don't even think are a great PP team.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009

Unless you plan on not watching you certainly will see them both, especially Howden.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Unless you plan on not watching you certainly will see them both, especially Howden.
Nah these guys are ass, the team knows the gig is up on them

Gorton will either do something with these two over the summer.

If they’re both here next year I’d be surprised

Reactions: Sayba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->