GDT: Game # 47 - Rangers vs Flyers - 7pm - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
New York Rangers (23-17-6) vs Philadelphia Flyers (20-18-7)

7pm EST - MSG

NY Rangers Lineup

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Strome - Blackwell
Kreider - Chytil - Kakko
Howden - Rooney - Kravtsov

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Smith
Hajek - Jones

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Flyers Lineup

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Allison
Van Riemsdyk - Laughton - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Aube-Kubel

Provorov - Braun
Sanheim - Hägg
Gostisbehere - Myers

Elliott
Lyon

Last edited:

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I don't like the miller smith combo. Break up fox and lindy. Put fox with miller and lindy with smith. Jones - hajek we don't have much options so can't really complain there lol.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Unfortunate for Jones that his first game he's paired with Hajek, but it is what it is. Wish Quinn would switch Blackwell and Kravtsov.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Quinn making some good moves here.

Lafreniere should stay up there the rest of the season for development. Also, put him on the damn power play.

Jones should see time on PP2, but I don't expect him and Hajek to play any more than 8-10 ES minutes. Ease him in at this level.

Now that the pressure of trying to make a playoff run is off, should be fun to just watch the games for entertainment purposes.

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Lindgren and Fox are two very good defensemen that we just decided have to be together or the world ends. It's a bit of a waste and it's leaving us with one NHL pair tonight.

I mean the defense is gonna be poor with Trouba out no matter how we shuffle it. And that will continue to be the case until Miller becomes comfortable on his own and/or Schneider/Lundkvist become regulars here.

Lindgren is good, but not good enough to buoy Hajek.

Reactions: kovazub94

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I'd like to see Kreider removed from the PP, he is good in front of the net but he just turns it over or doesn't maintain possession outside of that.

I would try Kakko in his place, he can help with possession and has been more willing to be a net front presence.

We can then put Kravtsov and or Lafreniere on the 2nd unit.

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean the defense is gonna be poor with Trouba out no matter how we shuffle it. And that will continue to be the case until Miller becomes comfortable on his own and/or Schneider/Lundkvist become regulars here.

Bobby Orr isn't good enough to buoy Hajek but Lindgren-Smith could be serviceable. Miller-Smith isn't a pair that should exist in an NHL game at this time.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008

Like your post previous to this one. With the playoff rush essentially dead why not split them up and see if it works out better to try and get two stable d pairs. If that 2nd pair is struggling this game I hope quinn makes that change during the game to see if it's the better option.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bobby Orr isn't good enough to buoy Hajek but Lindgren-Smith could be serviceable. Miller-Smith isn't a pair that should exist in an NHL game at this time.

So you'd do Miller-Fox and Lindgren-Smith.

It's interesting, but Smith does tend to raise his level of play when it's necessary. We'll see how it works.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lindgren and Fox are two very good defensemen that we just decided have to be together or the world ends. It's a bit of a waste and it's leaving us with one NHL pair tonight.

Please give your defensive pairs and I promise we will shit out of whatever you put forth, 100% guarantee.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please give your defensive pairs and I promise we will shit out of whatever you put forth, 100% guarantee.
What? You know it's the same team, right?

My pairs would have like one change.

I just don't think Lindgren and Fox need to be together as though they made a blood pact.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-philadelphia-flyers.gif

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What? You know it's the same team, right?

My pairs would have like one change.

I just don't think Lindgren and Fox need to be together as though they made a blood pact.

Are you purposely ignoring that Trouba - Miller pair worked? Now that Trouba is gone there’s only one pair that can reasonably expected to carry any weight and your post suggested breaking them up. So again what would you propose?

Reactions: bleedblue94

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Guys, come on now, coaching changed the forward lines a little bit and it seems like they might play Jones over Bitetto.

To them this is dramatic stuff.

In game adjustments, further breaking up of known D pairs, stop already.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Guys, come on now, coaching changed the forward lines a little bit and it seems like they might play Jones over Bitetto.

To them this is dramatic stuff.

In game adjustments, further breaking up of known D pairs, stop already.

Agree, plenty of good stuff from the coaching staff tonight that fans have been asking for. Why not focus on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->