GDT: GAME #47 - Brooklyn at BRUINS 1/16 1 PM | NESN, SN (EXCEPT SN-East), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Canadian viewers from Ontario West will get the game - those of you in Quebec East will not see the game unless you subscribe to all SN channels as SN-East has to show the Montreal game at 3 PM.

C2S9yHQXgAEb_Mx.jpg:large

uMMTYie.jpg

U8t2wD5.jpg

3dUPysw.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Today's Officials

130p_lewis.jpg
130p_stlaurent.jpg

Referees Dave Lewis (46), Francois StLaurent (38)
Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Brad Kovachik (71)

Ntl. Anthem Brooke Leifer

WAYBACK MACHINE

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins host the Islanders today in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams and the 2nd and final game of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 23-18-5 thus far this season with a 10-10-0 mark on home ice … They are 5-5-5 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 17-10-5 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are playing game 2 today of a stretch where they will play 5 of 7 games prior to the All-Star break on home ice (1-0-0) following a span when they faced 9 of their previous 11 games on the road (5-4-2).

The Bruins are playing their 6th of 13 afternoon games today and they are currently 5-0-0 in matinee contests this season.

All 5 of Boston’s overtime/shootout losses this season have come on the road vs. Metropolitan Division teams.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Ryan Spooner is 1 point shy of his 100th NHL point.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (119 total man-games lost)

Kevan Miller – Concussion suffered 1/14 vs PHI
Colin Miller – Lower body; Day-to-day; Has missed 2 games
Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 21 games (IR)

BOSTON vs NEW YORK, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Islanders are meeting for the 162nd time in their histories with the Bruins having an 83-53-21-4 record and 551-461 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 44-23-11-2 in their 80 home games of this lifetime series with a 285-218 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins had their 5-game win streak vs. the Islanders snapped with a 4-2 loss in Boston on 12/20 in the 1st game of this season’s series, and they are now 15-6-1 in their last 22 games between these teams … They are 12-6-0 in their last 18 games vs. the Islanders on home ice.

Fun Fact: The Islanders have never shut out the Bruins in Boston with all 3 of their lifetime shutouts taking place on Long Island and there has not been a shutout in Boston between these teams since a 3-0 Bruins home win on Oct. 12, 1998 (Byron Dafoe).

PREVIEW

The Boston Bruins, offensively challenged throughout the first half of the season, have to hope recent games are a sign they have turned the scoring corner.

Coming off a 6-3 home win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, Boston hosts the floundering New York Islanders in a Monday matinee thinking they may be onto something scoring-wise.

"It's nice to be rewarded for what we've been talking about for a long time, creating scoring chances and, for the longest of time, not being able to capitalize," coach Claude Julien said Sunday. "Sometimes you need a little bit of luck, sometimes you need some breaks and sometimes you line up your shot a little bit better. Things are starting to go in more."

The Bruins, who have scored two goals or less in 26 of their 46 games, have scored 19 in their last five, and 37 in their last 12.

They have also corrected their power play woes, scoring 11 times in their last 42 chances -- connecting twice Saturday.

"First of all, (we're) not forcing plays," said Patrice Bergeron. "That was what we talked a lot about, try to play a simple power play, put the puck on net, get some rebounds and find loose pucks in the corner and stuff like that.

"I think we've been battling a lot better, finding those pucks and not having to chase or skate all the way down twice which helps a lot. We're doing a lot more of that, being smarter and simpler in our game. That's been paying off."

Bergeron, whose scoring has also been off, has eight points in his last nine games, while linemate Brad Marchand had his second five-point game of the season Saturday.

While the offense is looking up, the defense is shorthanded -- minus both Millers -- for Monday's game. Colin Miller should miss his third in a row with a lower-body injury while Kevan Miller is in concussion protocol after a hit from behind by Jakub Voracek Saturday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/1646660/

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Keep rolling

Offense is a lot more competent when Bergeron is playing well, go figure ;)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Luckily I have the day off...it is a bonus that the game is on Sportsnet too even though I have Game Center - living in a rural area, the feed can get choppy because we can't get better internet speed.

Let's go Bruins!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Thanks for the GDT Fenway, I always appreciate the work you do.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Morrow should get in today with with both Millars out I would think unless there was a D called up from Providence.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
no points left on the table please, that`s all I ask, don`t care if it`s an ugly win or a big time blowout win, just bloody win

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Luckily I have the day off...it is a bonus that the game is on Sportsnet too even though I have Game Center - living in a rural area, the feed can get choppy because we can't get better internet speed.

Let's go Bruins!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Thanks for the GDT Fenway, I always appreciate the work you do.

Playing the "spin the wheel" game to find the correct channel game is frustrating. The last game with Philly was advertised as being aired in my region. It however aired the dreaded Habs game. Luckily found the B's SN telecast, on what normally is a channel that carries the CI package, but it was completely unadvertised. Went through a channel by channel search and just stumbled upon it. I mistakenly though it was an IC viewing until my brain cells came alive. Be damned if I can figure out the method to the madness. Should you encounter the same problem today hope you might be as fortunate as I was. Good luck!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ill be listening to this one over my PC at work.... Wish I was off today like most!

GO B's!:yo:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Another game much like the Flyers with opposite measures for offence vs defence. Their PP's being an exception as they are even with that stat. Rack up another 6 pack on the board today B's and all be end well.

Fenway, you provide a tremendous amount of info in both your pre and post GD threads. Very much appreciated for sure! :handclap:

Let's Go Bruins!

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Going to the game today. My boys first ever game. I have 2 tix for the Yotes game at the end of February, that was a gift to my youngest son(10 year old Yotes fan), but these came from a friend for free-fitty. Amazingly nice of my friend to give us these. Isles are my second favorite team. Can't lose today.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Going to the game today. My boys first ever game. I have 2 tix for the Yotes game at the end of February, that was a gift to my youngest son(10 year old Yotes fan), but these came from a friend for free-fitty. Amazingly nice of my friend to give us these. Isles are my second favorite team. Can't lose today.

Nice! Looks like a great day for a first ever game!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Have a great time !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Have a blast. I hope the b's play well and win !

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Ill be listening to this one over my PC at work.... Wish I was off today like most!

GO B's!:yo:

Listening on the PC at work as well. Let's build on Saturday and avoid another one of those two-step-back type of games today. Later, I'm heading to Cityside in Cleveland Circle for pregame imbibing before BU-BC at Conte Forum.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
On my way to the Gahden :handclap: Hoping that getting a W at home turns into a trend. Much as I wanted to see Joe Morrow get into a game, the Liles-Morrow D pairing is dicey. Let's go Bruins:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad