GDT: Game 46: Sharks @ Coyotes - NBCSN - 8PM

Which one is worse?

• Total voters

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Due to unforeseen circumstances I was only able to kind of watch the 1st period... was fun what I saw though. Seemed they were playing well enough to be competitive! Glad they came out with a game like this and it sounds like the rest was entertaining!

That hit... the fact the Sharks player turned last second makes it hard to judge on suspension basis for me. Usually that's one of the criteria the league looks at. Maybe the team is going for long suspensions instead of IR now?! (Not that I'd think this would be a long one... but the Coyote way is one of absurdity)

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
*** Thornton
** Fischer
*Ekman-Larsson

EK made some wtf plays at times but I think Burns was actually low-key bad as well.
I didn't like Fischer's game last night. The freak goal was great and important, but there were a number of times he pulled up on a break and wristed a long soft shot vs dropping his shoulder and driving to the net. He's another soft player that needs to play tougher, frustrating because he has the size, strength and speed to do so.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yes, but each of those times, he was at the end of his shift and didn't have any legs left. I'm ok with him shooting, i'd prefer a shot off the pads so that he can go get a rebound from that distance, he's not going to be beating the goalie.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Honestly, Connor Garland is the ****ing man.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players.

My kingdom for someone bigger and stronger than him to do what he does in front of the net. The kid is getting mauled there. But he's the only one of our players who will stay in the tough areas and work hard. Everyone else just floats like the crease area is an NBA paint area and they can't spend more than a few seconds there without a penalty.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That hit is from a month old game.
l-34843-bamboozling-vs-getting-bamboozled.jpg

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
On the hit, I don't think it was anywhere near "suspendable" (the old one or the recent one). If anything, Sharks fans seem to be just making up things to make themselves feel better at the loss. Hell, the coach was making excuses after the 2nd (if not sooner--I missed the first period since I didn't realize it was a national broadcast until I sat down to view it about an hour after the game started).

We did pretty well, but definitely let them comeback way too easily before the 2 ENs

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Great sign about leadership in the team

Kind of showed towards the end of last year too no? I mean rough start with a new coach, but were one of the best 2nd half teams. And to be only 4 points out of the wild card heading into the all star break, total day and night from last year when we were probably already mathematically eliminated at this point. And good on Chayka finding ways to get players that might improve upon the stagnation we've seen from others. We have just been killed by injuries.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
On the hit, I don't think it was anywhere near "suspendable" (the old one or the recent one). If anything, Sharks fans seem to be just making up things to make themselves feel better at the loss. Hell, the coach was making excuses after the 2nd (if not sooner--I missed the first period since I didn't realize it was a national broadcast until I sat down to view it about an hour after the game started).

We did pretty well, but definitely let them comeback way too easily before the 2 ENs
Yeah, looks like OEL is public enemy #1 in SJ board right now. He played his best game of the year and maybe best in a few years last night...seems to play better when he plays with an edge. More of that!!

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Yeah, looks like OEL is public enemy #1 in SJ board right now. He played his best game of the year and maybe best in a few years last night...seems to play better when he plays with an edge. More of that!!
After last night I've decided one of my new favorite hobbies is reading through the GDT from the other team, especially when we win. It's the quintessential example of group polarization in action. The Sharts thread is basically 26 pages of ripping their own goalie, the refs, and OEL's cheap shot with very few mentions of the pylon convention that Burns and Karlsson put on last night.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
After last night I've decided one of my new favorite hobbies is reading through the GDT from the other team, especially when we win. It's the quintessential example of group polarization in action. The Sharts thread is basically 26 pages of ripping their own goalie, the refs, and OEL's cheap shot with very few mentions of the pylon convention that Burns and Karlsson put on last night.

Forum 40 fans tend to blame our 4th line...all of them.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

It seemed like Karlsson was not only on the ice for, but in close proximity to, all of our goals last night.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think he had an assist on 2 of them.

Only assist? In soccer, it would have read "own goal, EK65".

(I am happy with how hockey gives the goal to the last guy from the team who wanted the goal, though.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad