2Gd93.jpg

2F11D.jpg

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

2Gddy.jpg

2F14u.jpg

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Its the "lets tank version", which is funny because San Jose plays in the Shark Tank... I seriously doubt the energy level will be in full force tonight. 8-2 Sharks, Yandle is put in net after Smith pulls something in warmups.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Its the "lets tank version", which is funny because San Jose plays in the Shark Tank... I seriously doubt the energy level will be in full force tonight. 8-2 Sharks, Yandle is put in net after Smith pulls something in warmups.

I'd actually enjoy seeing this. Just because it would be something new and different. Are we tying him to the posts a la Mighty Ducks?

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Love the simplicity of the GDT rundblad.

Go sharks.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Did not realize Dallas played 'em both.

I however, still stand by my belief that real men don't tank. I am confident the players won't and don't see the front office making drastic changes that would/could guarantee such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Boys, it's over...we've been eliminated, there isn't a scenario that exists where we can finish above Columbus, Detroit or Dallas.

It's 100% for sure we are out of the playoffs.

Detroit: LA, Nashville, Dallas (Detroit only needs 1 pt)
Columbus: Dallas, Nashville (Columbus only needs 1 pt)
Dallas: Columbus, Detroit (Dallas only needs 4 pts)

See what I mean, there isn't a combination there we're we can get to 52pts and also have none of the teams get to 52pts...it's impossible.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I vote we let Paul Bissonnette tend goal in these last two games. Also, can we loan out our best players to the teams directly below us in the standings? Doan to Edmonton for a game, Hanzal to Calgary for a game, Yandle to Philly for a game, Vrbata to New Jersey for a game, OEL to Buffalo for a game, etc. That kind of thing?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
AGREED, It ain't over 'til it's over!

The roll over and die attitude (for the sake of percieved improvement) of some of our bretheran here is embarrassing. :shakehead

I think it's the lack of math skills that's embarrassing. :sarcasm:

The season is over guys. These last two games do not matter for the sake of standings. If your concern is simply "go out on a high note" than I can respect that. More power to you. Don't tell me, though, that there is no part of you that at least kind of understands the "lose the last two for a better pick" mentality. It's two games, and they could mean the difference between a top line scoring threat of the future and yet another third line banger.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

The season is over guys. These last two games do not matter for the sake of standings. If your concern is simply "go out on a high note" than I can respect that. More power to you. Don't tell me, though, that there is no part of you that at least kind of understands the "lose the last two for a better pick" mentality. It's two games, and they could mean the difference between a top line scoring threat of the future and yet another third line banger.

We may not be a playoff team this year, but approaching the game with any other attitude than winning is flat out wrong.

1 or 2 draft positions will not make that much difference...see Edmonton for evidence.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
1 or 2 draft positions will not make that much difference...see Edmonton for evidence.

Oh please, 1 or 2 draft positions can easily make the difference between having a reasonable shot at getting top-tier talent at a position of need (CENTER) and having to choose from more uncertain (i.e. higher % of busting) second-tier talent, esp. this year where talent is pretty top heavy.

I'd invite you to look at the analysis here http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1408859 which breaks down the first round by pick.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@davest4yotes: #Coyotes Head Coach Dave Tippett said defenseman Derek Morris (lower-body injury) and forward Rob Klinkhammer (concussion) are out tonight."

Korpi also was out because of a concussion...glad they got rid of those head-shots...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Well my last response (to a deleted post(mod: now restored)) you would have seen it was not my math skills, but rather my lack of being thorough and knowing that the Stars played 'em both.... embarrassing either way! :D

I also stated that basically any pick is a crap shoot - that there is no guarantee how said pick will turn out and that I don't believe the boys on the ice will tank, nor will management be able to alter the line enough to create the dream scenario of the weak.

While I'm at it - What the hell is the reason for edit below? I typed no such thing - love it when words get put in my mouth.

Well, now I see the mystery delete has returned (well some of it) - NICE WORK
Still have NO IDEA why the original post I responded to, or part of mine has been altered.... where's the "shakehead" when I need it?

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
First must-lose game of the season. I hope the boys don't disappoint.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Oh please, 1 or 2 draft positions can easily make the difference between having a reasonable shot at getting top-tier talent at a position of need (CENTER) and having to choose from more uncertain (i.e. higher % of busting) second-tier talent, esp. this year where talent is pretty top heavy.

I'd invite you to look at the analysis here http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1408859 which breaks down the first round by pick.

draft position is overrated

Raffi Torres (5th overall) I like his grit, but not a huge point producer. Shane Doan (7th overall) If we could draft another Doan I'd be thrilled, or even another Mikkel Boedker (8th overall), but we are just as likley to get another Kyle turris (3rd overall), or maybe a Blake Wheeler (5th overall)

On the other hand, perhaps GMDM could work some late round magic and get another Radim Vrbata (212th overall), or how about Pavel Datsyuk (171st overall)

I'll say it again, one or two positions in the draft is not enough reason to throw a game. You play to win...always.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Raffi Torres (5th overall) I like his grit, but not a huge point producer. Shane Doan (7th overall) If we could draft another Doan I'd be thrilled, or even another Mikkel Boedker (8th overall), but we are just as likley to get another Kyle turris (3rd overall), or maybe a Blake Wheeler (5th overall)

On the other hand, perhaps GMDM could work some late round magic and get another Radim Vrbata (212th overall), or how about Pavel Datsyuk (171st overall)

I'll say it again, one or two positions in the draft is not enough reason to throw a game. You play to win...always.

It's true, we've not had the best of luck with early picks of late.... I'll take Pavel and the wins. :)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Pick and choose all the exceptions you like, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Yes, it's nice when late rounders develop and exceed expectations - we got Yandle in the 4th round (?). But the fact of the matter is that they are rarities that you figuratively can count on with one or two hands, nothing more.

Also forgetting the fact that meaningless wins affect our position in *all* rounds we have a pick in, not just the 1st. So the shift in position is additive.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Pick and choose all the exceptions you like, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Yes, it's nice when late rounders develop and exceed expectations - we got Yandle in the 4th round (?). But the fact of the matter is that they are rarities that you figuratively can count on with one or two hands, nothing more.

It's obviously true that the earlier picks are mathmetically preferred and that the later picks that shine are more often the exception, but it is also true that the exceptional individual always plays to win.

What the hell kind of characters would we be supporting if the majority of them decided it was okay to tank?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->