GDT: Game #46 - RANGERS @ Islanders - 7pm - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Thats a good start.

Any others want to take a shot at the Quinn Apologists excuses for tonight?

Howden isnt that bad he clearly has a role here with the PK!

Biggest Game of the year and this was the effort we got. That is a coaching issue through and through
BUt hE Is NOt oN ThE IcE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You're not including Kakko in a trade for a franchise center? Seriously?

We can agree to disagree on this. I won't get into an argument with a fellow Ranger fan.

I'd be willing to include pieces to acquire a franchise center like Eichel. Centers like Eichel are almost impossible to acquire through trade and never hit free agency, only way you get them is by drafting a 1st overall in a high end year.

I enjoy Kakko, I own a bunch of his rookie cards [I am a card collector], and there have been moments where he looks fantastic, but he looks like a player who has all the tools and doesn't know how to use them.

I haven't seen anything from Lafreniere to show he is a 1st overall. I can count the number of games he has been noticeable this year on one hand.

Kravtsov in contrast has been noticeable most games.

No I wouldn't trade any of them in a deal for Eichel. How do we know how he is going to play after neck surgery? What about that 10 million cap hit for the 5 years? It's not a no brainer decision. I would rather keep the young core together and look at other ways of obtaining a center. We have picks and surpluses of prospects to get something done going a different route.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
You're not including Kakko in a trade for a franchise center? Seriously?

We can agree to disagree on this. I won't get into an argument with a fellow Ranger fan.

I'd be willing to include pieces to acquire a franchise center like Eichel. Centers like Eichel are almost impossible to acquire through trade and never hit free agency, only way you get them is by drafting a 1st overall in a high end year.

I enjoy Kakko, I own a bunch of his rookie cards [I am a card collector], and there have been moments where he looks fantastic, but he looks like a player who has all the tools and doesn't know how to use them.

I haven't seen anything from Lafreniere to show he is a 1st overall. I can count the number of games he has been noticeable this year on one hand.

Kravtsov in contrast has been noticeable most games.
Yea we just have to agree to disagree here. I believe him and Laf will be franchise wingers. The steps taken by him this season have been outstanding all he really needs rn is more experience and a better shot and I believe he can have both in the next 2 years. Ofc no guarantees but he is on the correct path currently.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
No I wouldn't trade any of them in a deal for Eichel. How do we know how he is going to play after neck surgery? What about that 10 million cap hit for the 5 years? It's not a no brainer decision. I would rather keep the young core together and look at other ways of obtaining a center. We have picks and surpluses of prospects to get something done going a different route.

The only reason I would be hesitant is because of the injury. Its hard to predict how a franchise player can return from a surgery.

By the way, what happened to Lundkvist? Was it his choice to stay in Europe or the organization felt like he wasn't ready?

Because we can use an additional solid defense man.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Season is pretty much over right?

They have to win out the rest of the way or no?
It's finished. Unfortunately the head coach will continue to ride the same players so we can finish 5 or 6 points out of a playoff spot. Play the same guys on the pp. Keep Kravy on the 4th line mostly. Probably play Howden and Rooney non stop. Why are we not looking towards the future? Why is Laf not playing on the pp? Why isn't Gauthier in the lineup?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The only reason I would be hesitant is because of the injury. Its hard to predict how a franchise player can return from a surgery.

By the way, what happened to Lundkvist? Was it his choice to stay in Europe or the organization felt like he wasn't ready?

Im not 100% sure but I think it was his decision. He will be here next year.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Passive mindset started when Torts got fired. AV had same issue unless Tanner his child was playing. It is sickening how soft mentally and physically this team is. What playoff team or a good team has that in their organization. The ones that will be bad for at least a decade. Players either have the heart or not. Finesse soft plays that the players love to make, will ruin their own careers and their reputation so I guess they are fine with that.
This is a reason why to keep the kids and Kravy away from the top 6. Let the kids develop on their own. As Vally said, habits become outcomes. The style the top 6 plays is not what we want in the future.

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->