Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
tenor.gif

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Kakko amazes me with his inability to finish a play after doing everything right until it’s time to pull the trigger. Amazing really

That's why he needs to play more minutes, to get that damn freeze out of his system. Score a goal, shoot, get some confidence going. It's called development, but that is something Quinn refuses to do.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It’s awful. Everyone ooh’s and aah’s at the stick handling in a 6-1 loss, but those are the kind of goals that help build your confidence.

He’s not going to be a top end goal scorer. That’s obvious. He may be a top end creator, but he just can’t score with the best of them.
I’m ok with that. Especially given how good his defense is. Just wait until his shot gets a bit better and he learns how to use his hands more effectively, so I think he’ll be a 25-55-80 kind of guy. I don’t know. Maybe more.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Where are my Quinn apologists??? Stand up. Surely he did no wrong tonight and handled this game wonderfully. Right? Surely this team effort tonight is all on the players, Coaching does not and was not a factor here...even if he made a lineup that had Anthony Bitetto in it. Right? I mean if its all on the players, why even have Coaches? No timeout used. Nothing. Just that same stupid look on Quinn’s face

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
I’m ok with that. Especially given how good his defense is. Just wait until his shot gets a bit better and he learns how to use his hands more effectively, so I think he’ll be a 25-55-80 kind of guy. I don’t know. Maybe more.

I’m willing to bet my balls that Kaapo Kakko will not be a consistent 80 pt/szn player. That’s bananaland.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Completely different story lmk when Kakko has injuries that set him back 2 years.

Let me know when Kakko produced at Patrick's level in their first two seasons.

Patrick had 30 and 31 points in his first two seasons. Kakko hasn't come close to that. Despite injuries Patrick was better out the gate.

I like Kakko a lot, but just because he is 19 doesn't mean its inevitably coming.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If I have to choose between Kakko and Kravtsov in an Eichel trade, I would rather hold onto Kravtsov.

He’s better at everything, IMO. Would love to see him off the 4th line for the entirety of a game.
Same. Kravtsov's skills seems more translatable to being a really productive NHL'er.

Reactions: Tob

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Where are my Quinn apologists??? Stand up. Surely he did no wrong tonight and handled this game wonderfully. Right? Surely this team effort tonight is all on the players, Coaching does not and was not a factor here...even if he made a lineup that had Anthony Bitetto in it. Right? I mean if its all on the players, why even have Coaches? No timeout used. Nothing. Just that same stupid look on Quinn’s face
Not even Scott Bowman could coach a team to a win against a hungry Barold Trotz Islander Hockey Club.
Did I do it right?

Reactions: RGY and CLW

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
I’m willing to bet my balls that Kaapo Kakko will not be a consistent 80 pt/szn player. That’s bananaland.
IDK, he has the handles which will get him open most of the time for a nice shot. He needs to work on his shot in the offseason and bulk up some more. I think he will be a good 70 point player. I still think laf has the most potential. He admitted himself he needs to work on his skating. He doest have that extra burst of speed.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
so starting 2-6 was a bad idea?

Same story as last year. You cannot play .300 hockey to start the season and make the playoffs.

Quinn needs this team to be .500 out the gate next year.

Better yet, we have someone beside Quinn start with the team next year.

Reactions: Black Aces

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Let me know when Kakko produced at Patrick's level in their first two seasons.

Patrick had 30 and 31 points in his first two seasons. Kakko hasn't come close to that. Despite injuries Patrick was better out the gate.

I like Kakko a lot, but just because he is 19 doesn't mean its inevitably coming.
Kakko had 23 points last season and would be on pace for 28 in 82 this season. So thats just flat out wrong

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Some of the reasons why they lost tonight had to do with playing the Devils four straight. The Devils are a soft team, very soft and with minimal structure. Our team game degraded greatly over those 4 games. The parts of the game i watched tonight showed a Rangers team unwilling to take time and space away from teh Islanders. The D weren't commanding the paint. The forwards weren't getting inside and when they had a shot they always made one extra stickhandle or pass to negate their own opportunity. The fourth line and Brendan Smith were the most effective players on the ice because they were the only ones who took it to the Islanders. Everyone else was a passive mess. I really hate how passive this team gets sometimes. And it's not because they don't have the size to compete on that level -- it's that everyone thinks they're Artemi Panarin.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If I have to choose between Kakko and Kravtsov in an Eichel trade, I would rather hold onto Kravtsov.

He’s better at everything, IMO. Would love to see him off the 4th line for the entirety of a game.
Man I really hope, if they HAVE to make a trade and HAVE to trade a young, promising NHL player, that it’s Chytil.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
One more loss, and there aren't excuses anymore to keep the kids from getting used in bigger roles to end the season. Powerplay time, more even strength minutes, PK time for Kravtsov and/or Kakko, etc.

I'm sick of seeing our veteran forwards leave their compete level at home. It's 10x worse than watching the kids trying to gain their footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad