GDT: Game 46: Pittsburgh Penguins Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Death by Snu Snu

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury probably already owned up to the loss in the dressing room. My thinking is if Fleury tells them to play him against the Kings, you do it.

A loss like this, that could be solely attributed to him, against his former team, could be the thing to kick Fleury back into his normal self.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
After a good night's sleep and in-depth analysis this morning, I have concluded the loss wasn't Flower's fault or old Engo's or Schmidt's or anyone else.

Except...

Eaks!
Let's blame it on him! We were doing fine without him! :biglaugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
After a good night's sleep and in-depth analysis this morning, I have concluded the loss wasn't Flower's fault or old Engo's or Schmidt's or anyone else.

Except...

Eaks!
Let's blame it on him! We were doing fine without him! :biglaugh:
His line was pretty much useless again. Can't wait to see him promoted to the second line to try to get him and his possession bullshit worked out.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
His line was pretty much useless again. Can't wait to see him promoted to the second line to try to get him and his possession bull**** worked out.
What is the win loss record with him and without him ? I was thinking much better without him but interesting to see the actual numbers .

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What is the win loss record with him and without him ? I was thinking much better without him but interesting to see the actual numbers .

With Eakin in the lineup: 9-7-4
Without Eakin in the lineup: 13-6-2

I wouldn't say it's all his fault but his negative possession impact means that for 14 or so minutes a game the team is chasing the puck a lot more than they're sustaining offensive zone time.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
With Eakin in the lineup: 9-7-4
Without Eakin in the lineup: 13-6-2

I wouldn't say it's all his fault but his negative possession impact means that for 14 or so minutes a game the team is chasing the puck a lot more than they're sustaining offensive zone time.

Considering it was his first game back from injury, he wasn't terrible.

I do think 4C is the prime spot for him, Carrier and Reaves can help hold possession and less difficult matchups could benefit him on an energy line with a few less minutes. I think he could be an asset there.

Reactions: Vegas07 and HanSolo

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

A big part of it is he played in the earlier games when the rest of the team was struggling too. Today the team should be better able to overcome his flaws unless Fleury keeps giving up 4 goals a game.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I’ve been starting to wonder if Fleury has an injury that we don’t know about.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading that Stastny went through a stretch when he had 2 assists in 31 games including zero from October 25 until December 10. Stastny said he was still recovering from something but didn’t say what it was and said he was watching too much instead of being proactive.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I’ve been starting to wonder if Fleury has an injury that we don’t know about.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading that Stastny went through a stretch when he had 2 assists in 31 games including zero from October 25 until December 10. Stastny said he was still recovering from something but didn’t say what it was and said he was watching too much instead of being proactive.

Fleury has worse than an injury right now. He is suffering from losing his dad.

An injury you can recover from. Losing a dad you might never truly recover from.

What probably made it even worse is that the dads trip happened shortly after it too.

I feel like the team probably should have postponed the dads trip.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Fleury has worse than an injury right now. He is suffering from losing his dad.

An injury you can recover from. Losing a dad you might never truly recover from.

What probably made it even worse is that the dads trip happened shortly after it too.

I feel like the team probably should have postponed the dads trip.

He played great in his first game back. He looked so good it surprised me. Since that game he has played 10 more games and I’m surprised he hasn’t look better after looking so good in his first game back.

I think you’re right about the dads trip though and that happened after Fleury came back and looked good in his first game back. The timing of that was horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->