hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
tumblr_n8njp4ihnN1s72ys9o1_500.gif

malcolminthemiddle-malcolm.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, i think i am done. I am not going to watch another collapse out of the playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think this group needs a shakeup.

That was worrying not because of the result as much as the lifeless display on top of the accumulation of mediocrity since Thanksgiving, which means we were only good the first six weeks of the season.

We have our hands tied with who they'd actually trade though. Closest we can probably get is trading Kessel for a better fit (seriously every line he gets put on performs worse) and bringing in a new veteran goaltender to challenge Thompson.

But I do have to say, is this Cassidy hockey? Because it's honestly making DeBoer hockey look pretty good, and Dallas isn't doing anything to negate that.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

That was worrying not because of the result as much as the lifeless display on top of the accumulation of mediocrity since Thanksgiving, which means we were only good the first six weeks of the season.

We have our hands tied with who they'd actually trade though. Closest we can probably get is trading Kessel for a better fit (seriously every line he gets put on performs worse) and bringing in a new veteran goaltender to challenge Thompson.

But I do have to say, is this Cassidy hockey? Because it's honestly making DeBoer hockey look pretty good, and Dallas isn't doing anything to negate that.

Cassidy is a good coach. PDB is and was a good coach. It was never a coaching issue. A coach can't make players go to the net if they are unwilling to do so. This is 110% on the front office for how they've built the team.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Cassidy is a good coach. PDB is and was a good coach. It was never a coaching issue. A coach can't make players go to the net if they are unwilling to do so. This is 110% on the front office for how they've built the team.
Actually one of the reasons I was not big on giving up Tuch, he didn't do it enough, but he was one the few player who got into the dirty areas.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I didn't get to see the game last night and sounds like we played horribly (we're 2-4 on a 7 game homestand and I suspect we look like a one and done team in the playoffs). I have a couple of questions:

Any update on how long Stone is out, and if he looks like a candidate for LTIR, done for the season and maybe his back forces retirement??

Does it look like Cassidy has lost the team and they're no interested in playing hard for him and/or trying to get rid of him, even though he's only in his first season?? To be honest, I've not been overwhelmed by the coaching staff and their "system".

I'm not ready to give up on the team, we lack depth but with the team intact we have plenty of talent and at least a little cap room to add at the TDL, but it's been very frustrating to go to the games and watch us get 45 SOG and lose on a cheap goal, or go to Dallas and watch us have literally no high danger scoring chances.

Actually one of the reasons I was not big on giving up Tuch, he didn't do it enough, but he was one the few player who got into the dirty areas.
Not to mention he backed off defenses with his speed.

Reactions: hangman005

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yup, it was the biggest gripe Bruins fans had with him too. He's too passive on the bench and it reflects in the team's play. Lack of intensity, lack of pushback against physical play, not enough making the tough plays or engaging in puck battles.

Just wait until he starts calling out players in his interviews

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019

They needed a shakeup after losing in the WCF to the Habs.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yup, it was the biggest gripe Bruins fans had with him too. He's too passive on the bench and it reflects in the team's play. Lack of intensity, lack of pushback against physical play, not enough making the tough plays or engaging in puck battles.

That's been the Knights through 3 coaches now. Safe to say it's not a coach specific problem and more a player issue.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

He has already been calling out players in his interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad