GDT: Game #46 - CBJ at VGK - 11 Jan, 10pm

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpi should be nervous....

This goaltending roller coaster isn't any fun.

Korpi is the starter. He's earned that. Elvis is keeping us afloat and has earned opportunity for playing time.

There's room for both and if they both keep playing the way they have we're going to be set in net for a LONG time.

Reactions: thebus88 and Robert

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Elvis doing his guitar celly. [Photo credit: Jeff Bottari/NHLI]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 1.01.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 1.01.08 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ugh.... Hate Doug all you want but the dude built the Arena and got this franchise off the ground.... I think it's horrible how you and so many fans trash that guy.... For all of the sensitive Blue Jacket fans they have no problem trashing Doug MacLean who started this organization.... Just because he put up an old school Canadian environment with fighting and fire works.... Pathetic..

Um, Mr. Mac built the arena. Doug MacLean got the franchise started, but never off the ground. I respect him as a man, and as the first GM in CBJ history, but there are far more red marks on his record than positive ones, and he stuck around for way too long.

It has nothing to do with Canadian environment and fighting. Because almost every team fought back in the early 2000's, we just never had any skill. Zero. Even with our draft picks. Every high end prospect we had fell flat or was rushed. That falls squarely on the GM.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Ugh.... Hate Doug all you want but the dude built the Arena and got this franchise off the ground.... I think it's horrible how you and so many fans trash that guy.... For all of the sensitive Blue Jacket fans they have no problem trashing Doug MacLean who started this organization.... Just because he put up an old school Canadian environment with fighting and fire works.... Pathetic..
I give credit for building the arena and getting the franchise off the ground to the McConnell family. It was their money backing it and they could have hired someone else to do it. It’s been well documented of his shortcomings that held this franchise back due to his ego and decision making.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Um, Mr. Mac built the arena. Doug MacLean got the franchise started, but never off the ground. I respect him as a man, and as the first GM in CBJ history, but there are far more red marks on his record than positive ones, and he stuck around for way too long.

It has nothing to do with Canadian environment and fighting. Because almost every team fought back in the early 2000's, we just never had any skill. Zero. Even with our draft picks. Every high end prospect we had fell flat or was rushed. That falls squarely on the GM.
And he was strangled with expansion rules..... If we had had the Vegas expansion rules things would have been different...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I give credit for building the arena and getting the franchise off the ground to the McConnell family. It was their money backing it and they could have hired someone else to do it. It’s been well documented of his shortcomings that held this franchise back due to his ego and decision making.
Right.... and the CBJ did so well after he was fired...... stop... Next it's going to be Carter and the rest of the BS.... The CBJ have only excelled because of John Davidson and Torts.... And many CBJ fans still hate Torts because he gets pissed and uses foul language….

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Right.... and the CBJ did so well after he was fired...... stop... Next it's going to be Carter and the rest of the BS.... The CBJ have only excelled because of John Davidson and Torts.... And many CBJ fans still hate Torts because he gets pissed and uses foul language….
Let's enjoy the win and the story. We can rehash the past 20 years later.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Maybe so, but Minnesota and Nashville had our rules, and they were better way faster.
Nashville came in several years before Columbus.... And Minnesota had an NHL team before..... They knew NHL level hockey… Jesus, the first game the Jackets ever played they were passing out cards on how to play hockey!!!!!!! C-bus needs to stop trashing Doug MacLean....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nashville came in several years before Columbus.... And Minnesota had an NHL team before..... They knew NHL level hockey… Jesus, the first game the Jackets ever played they were passing out cards on how to play hockey!!!!!!! C-bus needs to stop trashing Doug MacLean....
I might quit trashing him when he formally apologizes for posthumously throwing Mr. Mac (z''l) under the bus within days of his passing. Until then, f*** that guy. You don't get credit for starting the franchise if you also damn near kill it in the process and when called to account for it crap all over pillars of the community who had your back at the time.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018

And thats why i love Torts he has balls. He is what he is, doesnt pretend to something else.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Nashville came into the league 2 years before we did. They were fine immediately and they needed to "learn how to play" hockey too. They had the exact same expansion rules.

Atlanta had an NHL team before the Thrashers too, it didn't help them much. Why? Because it doesn't matter. Did the same people who ran the North Stars even run the Wild? I doubt it, but even if so, who cares? It still doesn't mean you're going to be guaranteed successful.

Doug MacLean is rightyfully trashed for his performance as GM. You can like the man all you want, because from everything I've known about him, he is a good guy, and a smart hockey guy. He was a putrid GM.

Reactions: Fairwhether

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Just got done watching... Elvis did the guitar. I love it.

Wennberg scored. Seriously. Wennberg scored.

6 out of 8 on the road trip. I guess Torts sucks again, right?

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
And he was strangled with expansion rules..... If we had had the Vegas expansion rules things would have been different...

MacLean sucked dude. Even Howson made a bunch of good moves (drafting Cam, Calvert, Savard, Boone, trading for Vermette, Foligno, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Bobrovsky). Maclean drafted Nash and Mason (who basically had only one good year) and... what else?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Doug MacLean was an abomination. He lived off of the fact that his Panthers made the Finals in 1996. But he’s the only GM in NHL history to hold the position for six seasons and not make the playoffs.

He’s terrible.

Reactions: GoJackets1

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Dayuuum! This was a nice team effort, I can't remember any real Vegas scoring chance except the crossbar. When the team shows up then there's a game and it seems that all fire Tortorella cockroaches have run into hiding like roaches do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->