Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - THE BEAR dances on Yonge Street - BRUINS 3 Hogtown 2 - FINAL

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Andersen is a basket case in crunch time Not worried about him at all

Let him play all-world for them. With their lack of depth at the position aggravated by their D corps, I will take the Bruins over a tired Anderson who has the stress of carrying the team on his shoulders to an expected second round. Wear him out so we can light him up.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Actually being at the game, I get the impression the Leafs don't get how to hang on to a lead. They played well in the first but after they got the one goal lead, they seemed to be very disorganized, other then the odd rush. To me, the team doesn't play cohesively enough to win anything.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Actually being at the game, I get the impression the Leafs don't get how to hang on to a lead. They played well in the first but after they got the one goal lead, they seemed to be very disorganized, other then the odd rush. To me, the team doesn't play cohesively enough to win anything.
Frankly I just don't see them as true Cup contenders with their current makeup. They're amazing in the offensive zone but they look like they're allergic to playing D in their own end. You just can't win like that.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well let me ask you this. Who was the better goaltender in this game.? Right and by a long shot so that's a pretty good indication that they did.
last time i checked the goalie was part of "the team" that out played the leafs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am glad you got to see a great game !!!

Reactions: caz16

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Andersen is a basket case in crunch time Not worried about him at all

The best thing about the Bruins right now is the lower lines doing their job and also putting points on the board.
The 2nd line is the biggest issue. I'd also like to see them grab a 2/3 D rental and slot everyone down one.
It would be great for depth, mitigate time/injury probability and give us improved odds for a long run.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-1-13_11-20-35.png

Reactions: eightspokedb

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
nice with for the boys. Leafs clearly the better team in the 1st but the B`s settled down, got some key goals late in the 2nd and I thought that although the Leafs had quite a bit of possession time in the 3rd, I never felt like the B`s were on their heels, much of that time was spent with the Leafs trying to generate offense which they couldn`t do.

Tuukka played a terrific game, as much as I cringe every time #55 hits the ice, he`s played reasonably well over the last few games but still be nice to see an upgrade there if possible. Kuraly playing out of his mind right now too

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Frankly I just don't see them as true Cup contenders with their current makeup. They're amazing in the offensive zone but they look like they're allergic to playing D in their own end. You just can't win like that.
Agree am really surprised they haven’t made moves to shore up there D they definitely have an abundance of forwards that they could move ,I expect them to be very active at the trade deadline.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Let’s hope Dubas gets taken to the cleaner at TRade deadline. Every GM knows he is desperate for defense

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This summer they're replacing/upgrading the ice coolers (or whatever you'd call it) right? I feel like I read that on here.
I heard that also. I thought they were going to replace the ice machines and go back to the Zambonis as well. I guess we will see.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Agree am really surprised they haven’t made moves to shore up there D they definitely have an abundance of forwards that they could move ,I expect them to be very active at the trade deadline.

I am by no means a capologist but while I think they have a ton of cap space, that will be likely all gone come summer as they have some serious contracts to look after so what they decide to do might have them handcuffed a bit unless they are willing to part with some very solid, younger talent.

They may very well jump into the pool to grab a D man but wonder who is out there that would have a big impact on that D? For as mobile as they are back there, when pressured it`s shocking how panicked they appear when pressured, it`s as though they are completely lost. A few years ago Zaitsev looked to be on a very nice trajectory but now? The guy is a disaster back there. Andersson masks a ton of their mistakes but eventually, as we saw in the playoffs last year, he couldn`t keep composed and do it.

Babcock gets hailed as a great coach, I`ve never been sold on his greatness, I see a guy so consumed with matchups that it handcuffs certain players. How Matthews is on the bench with under a minute to go in the game is beyond me.

Zipped onto the Leaf boards, lots of talk about how Matthews disappears and is unwilling to do the heavy lifting vs teams who play him physical, getting ugly over there

Some teams just have other teams numbers, until proven otherwise, we have the Leafs numbers, the Caps have our`s

Reactions: gillesgilbert

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Let’s hope Dubas gets taken to the cleaner at TRade deadline. Every GM knows he is desperate for defense

The B`s have some depth on D, Let`s Make A Deal:laugh:

Might not be popular here but whenever I see Kadri (who I despise) I do say to myself "he`d look good in a spoked B", having himself a down year offensively but he`d be a guy as the 3rd line C I wouldn`t be opposed to

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am by no means a capologist but while I think they have a ton of cap space, that will be likely all gone come summer as they have some serious contracts to look after so what they decide to do might have them handcuffed a bit unless they are willing to part with some very solid, younger talent.

They may very well jump into the pool to grab a D man but wonder who is out there that would have a big impact on that D? For as mobile as they are back there, when pressured it`s shocking how panicked they appear when pressured, it`s as though they are completely lost. A few years ago Zaitsev looked to be on a very nice trajectory but now? The guy is a disaster back there. Andersson masks a ton of their mistakes but eventually, as we saw in the playoffs last year, he couldn`t keep composed and do it.

Babcock gets hailed as a great coach, I`ve never been sold on his greatness, I see a guy so consumed with matchups that it handcuffs certain players. How Matthews is on the bench with under a minute to go in the game is beyond me.

Zipped onto the Leaf boards, lots of talk about how Matthews disappears and is unwilling to do the heavy lifting vs teams who play him physical, getting ugly over there

Some teams just have other teams numbers, until proven otherwise, we have the Leafs numbers, the Caps have our`s

I absolutely agree with those fans - in the playoffs he was a total non-factor. He doesn't seem to like the physical play and doesn't up his effort when crunch time comes. Pretty sad for the talent he has - maybe the shoulder injuries are part of that though. It will be interesting to see his mega contract and whether he plays even less hard after landing it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I absolutely agree with those fans - in the playoffs he was a total non-factor. He doesn't seem to like the physical play and doesn't up his effort when crunch time comes. Pretty sad for the talent he has - maybe the shoulder injuries are part of that though. It will be interesting to see his mega contract and whether he plays even less hard after landing it.

There are some injuries that heal and you don`t tend to worry too much about long term, the shoulder ain`t one of them. He`s taken a few big hits and it sure appears like he is hesitant at times to absorb contact, not good come playoff time where that open ice becomes far less. He`s a helluva player though, I do get a bit confused at how Babcock uses him at times

Reactions: caz16

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I think they have the young talent that they could afford to move for D ,hope they don’t,we seem to have their number in the playoffs but man not bye much,agree they will have cap issues after the summer that’s why I really expect them to be active around the trade deadline,there fan base is desperate for anything in the playoffs,if they only manage to get past the first round that would be like a cup win to them.Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->