GDT: Game 45: Phoenix Coyotes @ Winnipeg Jets 1-13-14| 6PM | FSA +

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Are you really Yandles mom?

No I'm a faker. Just an apologist for an American dman who stuck through our ownership mess. Disclosure my yandle Opinions probably aren't entirely balanced. Had to defend him for years in my section. To them, everyone has to play like Ed.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
He was our best player when Z and Doan were out before the Olympic snub. Not so much second guessing his performance. Rather second guessing where he fits and whether or not the return on him is greater than what he brings to the team.

A fair point and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it if balanced the team well.

As for the negativity brigade, Not hiding from his plus minus. But I Think plus minus is an atrocious way of quantifying a players impact. That said his impact has been as he called it "horrible" since 1/1.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Just watched the highlights. I laughed. We are the biggest joke in the league right now. I could go on and get really angry, but I'll just sit here and continue laughing.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
No I'm a faker. Just an apologist for an American dman who stuck through our ownership mess. Disclosure my yandle Opinions probably aren't entirely balanced. Had to defend him for years in my section. To them, everyone has to play like Ed.

Been missing you.

I sit 2 rows behind you but have not been able to come to games for over a month now.

:(

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
On a lighter note, I blame Tricia. Since you stopped sitting in 214, we haven't won! What gives? Coincidence?

I still own the ticket, and have paid in full by now. That said, there have been a fair amount of recent games where I added a ticket to my STH account and relocated elsewhere in the arena to have the seats together, as 214 is a popular section and usually sold out. I was there for the NYE game, except I had moved to 211 for it, since the friend who wanted to go with me didn't bother to ask me about going until 4 p.m. on the 30th. I did what I could.

I'm just unable to get to the arena, as I live in Mesa, and have had my privilege to drive suspended. There's no way to get to and from Glendale for a Coyotes game from Mesa, without driving.

In my opinion, the saddest part of it is, I've offered my seat for free in several avenues, and not even been able to find someone who wants it for free half the time. Maybe it's because of how we've been playing? I'd love to be there regardless of the quality of hockey being played. I love NHL hockey. Even if it's losing NHL hockey. Nothing can beat live hockey for just being there in the stands.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coyotes-bench-January-13-2014-300x200.jpg

Coyotes audio: Coach Tippett, Shane Doan and David Moss.

To listen click here.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
As for the negativity brigade, Not hiding from his plus minus. But I Think plus minus is an atrocious way of quantifying a players impact. That said his impact has been as he called it "horrible" since 1/1.

Agree with this and dont doubt he can return to form. Our forwards are getting more skilled though with the emergence of Boeds and Hanzel, and adding Ribs. This allows us to not rely on PMD as much. On top of that we already have OEL and Rundblad/Gormely in the pipeline. This team excelled with more stay at home defencemen. Perhaps OEL and Gormely is all they need in that realm. Murphey isn't half bad at zone entrance either.

Stone and Schlemko all at time cannot keep the puck in the opposing teams zone, they should not be on the PP anymore. Stone/Klesla/Morris are all not quick enough to carry the puck into the offensive zone by themselves (Schlemko is the exclusion here). Klesla at times is extremely solid in his end. At one point he was alright in the offensive zone, this skill set has vanished this year. Morris, unfortunately, has all but done the opposite. He has lost his composure in his end and often takes senseless penalties. However, he has been great on the PP and at times excellent on the PK and I imagine is a leader.

Stone/Schlemko have been very mediocre on both ends. No specialty. You could say Stone has his shot and Schlemko has an underestimated speed. But these are the pieces I see hurting the team the most on the blueline. When one of Z/Klesla/Morris have been out, it seems both of these players are in and defensive lapses become habitual. I truly think Murphy can hang now, but only if he is on the 3rd line and only plays on the PK when there are injuries.

This is getting long winded and I am losing my train of thought, but with all of our defensive depth this is who I feel comfortable seeing on PK. OEL, Z, Klesla and sometimes Morris. Murphy was an alright fill-in. Klesla looked great tonight on it, but has been terrible on it as well this year, same for Morris. Out of those four three of those players have missed significant time. WCF year I was happy with Rosival, Klesla, Morris, Auccion, and OEL being on the PK. That year Schlemko was fine filling in for injuries.

The WFC players look a lot different than the players this year. And even thought some of those names are the same, they haven't played the same way as they did 2 years ago. Rosival/OEL, Klesla/Auccoin, those are brutal shutdown pairings (forgive me if those weren't the correct pairings, but just thinking about that now makes me drool). Long story short, we got some players on the blue line that aren't willing to get black and blue.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Do You really think they are going to the playoff's this Year? Please! If by some slim chance the make it. They will be knock out in the first round. Sorry its how I see it.

Yeah, I was thinking that if we do somehow make it to the playoffs they will be in either the 7th or 8th spot which will likely have them face the Ducks, who sweep us this season and are on fire, or the Blackhawks who are on fire too and would surely own us.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm not sure where we go from here...I'm not sure what happened to our team, but something is going on, the team finally has an owner and we forget how to play the game.

Yandle has been nothing but brutal the last 3 games, I think he's a -9 during and DeMo has almost been worse, and Smith is just terrible.

DT keeps talking about the same players continue to make the same mistakes, well, it's time they spent a day in the press box. We've got to right this ship.

We have too good a roster to compete and play the way we've been playing.

I do agree with an earlier post that mentioned the 5on5 numbers and the reason why were so high goals against is a direct result of the PK unit and I think how long will it take GMDM to begin mixing the chemistry on this team.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I do agree with an earlier post that mentioned the 5on5 numbers and the reason why were so high goals against is a direct result of the PK unit and I think how long will it take GMDM to begin mixing the chemistry on this team.

Veteran Dmen. We need them. 2/3 of ours are slumping and the other has been out for almost half of the season. Just for reference, Z has played three more games than Murphy, and the same amount as Klesla (24). Stone looks like a rookie. Schlemko is a solid #6 dman, but I'd rather have a player like Rosival in that spot than a borderline two-way defenseman. Both should be excellent for someone else, but I just don't see how they fit. I'd honestly love to see one stay at home vet on each pairing. OEL-Z, Morris-Yands, X- Rundblad/Gormely with Murphy/Summers on call for the rest of the season. I think that position is more vital to fill right now than almost any other.

Less pinching more blocking.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So sick of watching this team lately. Honestly.

I feel the same.

Don't disagree. I am legitimately a hockey fan. Lately, with this game, as well as Saturday against the Ducks, I've been one of those jerks who got pissed enough at the game to turn it off before it was over. I've never been that kind of person before; I'm known to, if I legitimately care about a team, stick with it until the bitter end.

I haven't been doing that lately with the Coyotes.

:cry:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Don't disagree. I am legitimately a hockey fan. Lately, with this game, as well as Saturday against the Ducks, I've been one of those jerks who got pissed enough at the game to turn it off before it was over. I've never been that kind of person before; I'm known to, if I legitimately care about a team, stick with it until the bitter end.

I haven't been doing that lately with the Coyotes.

:cry:

I've found that recently I'll watch the first period, half-pay attention to the second while I do something else, then just watch bits and pieces of the third period but by then I'm emotionally checked out of the game.

This team has just been brutal to watch for a while now, and I feel like I have better things to do than constantly be frustrated by sitting through an entire game, especially when I have a finite amount of free time.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
What a ****** game! That said, thanks for the laughs in this thread, I always get a kick out of the chicken littles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad